Anyone want the Manual online??

17 replies to this topic
  • Matt_Porritt

Posted August 07, 2000 - 05:41 PM

I've borrowed a scanner and not working for the rst of the year I have ALOT of time..

Anyone interested in having the bike manual scanned and online??

------------------
--
**Ride it like you Stole it!**
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F
Vist the Rubber Chicken Racing Online Shop
Discounts for ThumperTalk members.

• jj

Posted August 07, 2000 - 07:40 PM

I think it would be great, but wouldn't that file be huge! Even unmanagable. If it were it document form that would enable you to manipulate and print it. If you've got the rest of the year you could brush up on your typing... :)

JJ

• Matt_Porritt

Posted August 07, 2000 - 09:24 PM

I'm scanning the English parts as we speak..
Will reduce the size and have it catagorised like it is in the book.

Taking a while! :)

------------------
--
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F

• Mitch_from_Oz

Posted August 08, 2000 - 02:34 PM

Sounds like a good idea Matt. Scan and send it.. :)

Oh, about my wife, if things dont work out, I will be hunting down you and the sheep you rode in on... :D

• Matt_Porritt

Posted August 08, 2000 - 09:43 PM

Originally posted by Mitch from Oz:
Oh, about my wife, if things dont work out, I will be hunting down you and the sheep you rode in on... :)

You're just jealous Mitch that your country doesn't have a 100:1 ratio of sheep to people!! :D
Most of them are female also!! :D :D

------------------
--
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F

• Taffy

Posted August 08, 2000 - 09:58 PM

could someone put in the needle charts for fiddling with the carb. it's all double dutch to me & i get the feeling some folk like things that way.

• Matt_Porritt

Posted August 09, 2000 - 12:28 AM

Taffy..
I'm almost there..

It WILL be done soon!

------------------
--
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F

• Matt_Porritt

Posted August 09, 2000 - 02:09 AM

Taffy..
This what you're after?
Chart for a 99 YZ400F
Posted Image

------------------
--
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F

[This message has been edited by Matt Porritt (edited 08-09-2000).]

• Taffy

Posted August 09, 2000 - 12:06 PM

well done Matt & thanks. it's just, well, you know; that picture in your head.

when tapers start. width of needle at certain points etc.

i'm off to the isle of man with my bike in two weeks & i shall try the YZ cam timing. the Stealy 10oz flywheel is already on & the de-octopus will happen after a hare & hounds this sunday. i've two needles to try. i shall not rush to try it all. if it isn't done before i get home-tough. i've earnt a break & i'm knackered.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • James_Dean

Posted August 09, 2000 - 02:09 PM

Guys,
This needle table is very misleading. The jet needles starting with #C-- should be seperated from the #D-- and those from the #E--.
-The last letter controls fuel mixture down low and the letters - NPQRSTU run from rich to lean at 0-1/8 (or 1/4). This is just as the chart shows.
-The CDE refers to taper. Compared to the D taper: The C runs from more rich at 1/4 to more lean at 3/4. The E runs more lean at 1/4 to more rich at 3/4.
--The chart confusion is between C/D and D/E. EVN is richer at 1/8 and leaner at 1/4-1/2 than DVU by a significant amount. Same goes for DVN vs. CVU.
James

• RodH

Posted August 09, 2000 - 02:52 PM

just curious, but do you guys in the US not get the big light blue manual with your WR from new ? Because I have had requests on my site from guys over there wanting stuff out of it.
I have bought 2 WR's and got the manual each time, and a few other guys I know have got them with theirs too.

------------------
RodH Canberra, Australia<A HREF="http://www.400thumpers.com" TARGET=_blank>
400 Thumpers Australia</A>
2000 WR400F See Photo's and Modifications

• Pyroted

Posted August 09, 2000 - 02:58 PM

Got mine. Even put a plastic film on the cover and tabs on the most referenced pages.

• Clark_Mason

Posted August 09, 2000 - 04:41 PM

I with James Dean as the table should be used as additional reference material. You must understand the significance of each letter in the needle code and how it affects throttle response or you will be in for a long trial and error process.

Read and understand the posts of James Dean he has the needle profile vs bike response down cold.

Clark

• deanweight

Posted October 19, 2005 - 02:45 AM

Hey Matt,
How can i get one of those online manuals off you?
It would be greatly appreciated
Dean

• Brettv

Posted October 19, 2005 - 04:43 AM

hi matt, which year manual are you scanning?
the 99 400?
cheers - Brett

• RADRick

Posted October 19, 2005 - 10:44 AM

I've borrowed a scanner and not working for the rst of the year I have ALOT of time..
Anyone interested in having the bike manual scanned and online??.

You do realize that what you are proposing is illegal, don't you? :banghead:

• RichBaker

Posted October 19, 2005 - 12:27 PM

Only if he's selling them....and if you look at the original post date, it happened in 2000!

• RADRick

Posted October 19, 2005 - 12:35 PM

Only if he's selling them....and if you look at the original post date, it happened in 2000!

Actually, copyright infringement does not require a profit motive by the infringer, and no, I missed the original post date. It came up as a new thread since some Aussie newbie recently replied to it. Damn! I hate when that happens. :banghead:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.