Spark arrester 2005 wr450

10 replies to this topic
  • knucklehead

Posted August 06, 2007 - 02:13 PM

looking to pick a spark arrester for my 2005 wr 450 - any suggestion? i found one from the Yamaha web site but was hoping to find something else.

thanks.

• JSanfilippo

Posted August 06, 2007 - 03:01 PM

The stock pipe already has a spark arrestor :prof:

Are you talking about a completely new muffler?

• knucklehead

Posted August 06, 2007 - 03:13 PM

no - i just need a spark arrester for an enduro. i remember taking the baffle out of the muffler but not the spark arrester - i dont remember seeing on either.

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted August 06, 2007 - 04:19 PM

Take the end cap back off, then remove the 4 allen bolts that hold the exhaust pipe to the muffler body. Behind that should be the screen type spark arrestor.
Jim

• GCannon

Posted August 06, 2007 - 09:07 PM

I just got a new Q2 Love it!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • knucklehead

Posted August 07, 2007 - 05:32 PM

Take the end cap back off, then remove the 4 allen bolts that hold the exhaust pipe to the muffler body. Behind that should be the screen type spark arrestor.
Jim

i was working on this and stripped one of the allen bolts!!!
i'll look at the Q2 - for stock exhaust?

• Bleeds_Blue

Posted August 08, 2007 - 03:11 PM

If you have a factory exhaust and didn't remove the screen, you should still have the spark arrestor. Try vise-grips or take a die grinder(cut-off wheel)and cut into the head creating a slot for a flat head screwdriver. :ride:

• eissinger4

Posted August 10, 2007 - 07:55 AM

I have a stock 05 YZF exhaust on my 06 WR450. I went down to my local John Deere dealer and bought a spark arrestor for an 06 J.D. Gator. Same size, and passed inspection. Not sure if your pipe is the same, but this is a good idea that might work for you. BTW, it was only $8....

• knucklehead

Posted August 10, 2007 - 03:30 PM

If you have a factory exhaust and didn't remove the screen, you should still have the spark arrestor. Try vise-grips or take a die grinder(cut-off wheel)and cut into the head creating a slot for a flat head screwdriver. :ride:

great idea - i'll try it.

thanks.

• MountainMax

Posted August 12, 2007 - 11:08 AM

I have a stock arrester i took out of my 06wr450 you can have that one if you like.

• TWILES

Posted August 12, 2007 - 11:29 AM

I stripped two of the allen bolts out. I just drilled the heads off and worked studs out with a straight screwdriver.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.