Rock ruined my moto

6 replies to this topic
  • KJ790

Posted August 06, 2007 - 12:47 PM

My first moto was ruined by a strategically thrown rock from the rider in front of me. I was having a good battle with this guy from Canada and he made a little mistake coming into a corner on the 6th lap and I thought I had the pass made on him. Right when I dumped the clutch to come out of the corner my bike didn't go anywhere like the clutch was slipping, then the bike jolted and stalled. I felt the clutch lever flop loosely all the way to the bar as my competitor from the north took his position back from me. I started the bike in neutral and pushed it so I could kick it into gear and ride it back to the pits to see what was wrong. When I got looking at it I found that a rock had hit my clutch arm where it comes out of the case and wedged itself between the cylinder and the clutch linkage. This caused the bottom of the clutch cable to pop off the clutch arm. It was an easy fix, but it wrecked my moto. It's amazing where a rock can go.

• grayracer513

Posted August 06, 2007 - 12:49 PM

What are the odds, do you suppose?

• hi everybody

Posted August 06, 2007 - 04:13 PM

would it be a good idea to perhaps safety wire that connection? my buddies cable has popped out twice on him...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • matts06yzf

Posted August 07, 2007 - 10:51 AM

Damnit man, the exact same thing happened to me at Lake sugartree Last weekend. I was climbing a uphill and boom rock smashed me. When it hit my case is broke a piece got wedged and I have nothing. Pulled over and removed it. I think somehow it helped finish off my clutch cable. I have no more room for adjusting.:bonk:

• Kent Rathgeber

Posted August 07, 2007 - 03:20 PM

What are the odds, do you suppose?

Somewhere in the millions, I'd think.

Rotten luck, huh? Better not waste any money on lottery tickets!:lol:

• bigbluerider4life

Posted August 07, 2007 - 04:57 PM

Damnit man, the exact same thing happened to me at Lake sugartree Last weekend. I was climbing a uphill and boom rock smashed me. When it hit my case is broke a piece got wedged and I have nothing. Pulled over and removed it. I think somehow it helped finish off my clutch cable. I have no more room for adjusting.:bonk:

hey! lakesugartree...i go there all the time
where are you at in VA?

that has to be one of the rarest things to ever cause a dnf :cry: :excuseme:

• matts06yzf

Posted August 07, 2007 - 05:58 PM

Im in Lynchburg you?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.