Independent survey my a##

2 replies to this topic
  • Dougie

Posted August 03, 2000 - 02:22 AM

I got an independent dirtbike survey in the mail yesterday. Very interesting.

A lot of questions on reasons for the purchase of my bike and a lot of questions on what I would look for on the purchase of a new bike. Many questions on what I like and what I would change.

But the question I found most interesting was "which of the following bikes would I consider buying next". I was offered three choices:

1) Susuki DRZ400
2) Yamaha WR426
and get this...
3) Honda XR440

The XR440 had the following disclaimer under it..."if it was to be produced".
It listed the following description...
- 46 horsepower (WR426 only 43)
- CR style aluminum frame
- liquid cooled
- Conventional 47mm forks
- 255 lbs (WR426 268 lbs)

Independent survey my butt. I got a feeling Honda is testing the waters. Well, I'm no dummy, I checked the box indicating I would purchase the Honda XR440. And I would too. I'd be all over that thing like piss on a bum's shoe.

Man would that be a sweet bike. Oh, and the survey came with a crisp new one dollar bill inside thanking me for my time. Come on Honda!

Dougie, '99 WR400
Mods: YZ timing, Race Tech Suspension, FMF PC IV, FMF Hi FLo Moto, YZ seat, IMS 3.3 tank, One Industries Graphics, Renthal bars, 14/52 gearing.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted August 03, 2000 - 03:00 AM

This is my second such questionaire. For some reason, I think my first one was on the Cannondale. I guess it could have been the Suzuki.

I say keep 'em coming!

• KerryT

Posted August 08, 2000 - 07:37 AM

Doug, I got the same survey and finished it a few days ago. What I want is the Yamaha or Honda with electric start.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.