Throttle stop/Octopus removal

1 reply to this topic
  • James_in_New_Mexico

Posted August 07, 2000 - 07:25 AM

I removed the throttle stop this weekend to see how my 2000 WR ran without it, and didn't notice any hesitation as mentioned in other posts. Should I cut it down and replce it anyway?
Also, by removing the octopus what do I gain other than a couple of less tubes and the chance of a vacuum leak?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted August 07, 2000 - 08:59 AM

Better asthetics and little chance of a vacuum leak. As seemingly innocent as a vacuum leak sounds, remember whatever is around your dangling line at the time it is trying to suck in the world, is going into your intake, then valves, then piston.

99 WR, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat, jetting by Clark/James, got forked by Pro Action, DSP airbox, PB Header, Stroker SX-1 SA, Thumper Rad Guards, Acerbis Hand Guards, WAITING IMPATIENTLY FOR MOAB, boning up on my sheep shearing skills AND knowing Mitch will help me out IN ANY WAY I NEED IT!!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.