01 YZ426 cutting out over rocks

5 replies to this topic
  • jeepn1973

Posted August 06, 2007 - 06:58 AM

Hi,

A friend of mine rides an 01 426. We ride mostly powerline type trails (in new hampshire), with tons of rocks. When we're on rocky sections, his 426 keeps cutting out (but restarts itself again when in gear). If you happen to have the clutch in it will just stall. I was thinking maybe the float? anyone ever have this problem?

Thanks!
Tom

• Dirtbiker05

Posted August 06, 2007 - 07:24 AM

If you happen to have the clutch in it will just stall.

this sounds like the clutch is grabbing to me. does the bike crawl forward when in gear stopped with the clutch pulled all of the way in? does it stall when u shift it into first? is the shifting notchy?

• jeepn1973

Posted August 06, 2007 - 07:35 AM

this sounds like the clutch is grabbing to me. does the bike crawl forward when in gear stopped with the clutch pulled all of the way in? does it stall when u shift it into first? is the shifting notchy?

The clutch isn't grabbing, and the shifting is smooth. No crawling when the clutch is pulled in all the way. Thanks though!

-Tom

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dustin_Mabro

Posted August 06, 2007 - 11:11 AM

does it idle really really low or anything like that?

• jeepn1973

Posted August 06, 2007 - 05:02 PM

does it idle really really low or anything like that?

Actually, the idle is set kind of high...

• 642MX

Posted August 06, 2007 - 06:21 PM

Hi,

A friend of mine rides an 01 426. We ride mostly powerline type trails (in new hampshire), with tons of rocks. When we're on rocky sections, his 426 keeps cutting out (but restarts itself again when in gear). If you happen to have the clutch in it will just stall. I was thinking maybe the float? anyone ever have this problem?

Thanks!
Tom

It could be a float issue, but it could also have a loose connection somewhere too. I'd check the float height and if its correct, then I'd pull the tank off and check all the electrical connections.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.