Shifting W/O the clutch??

3 replies to this topic

Posted August 06, 2007 - 04:00 AM

I have an 01 YZ426F and it is my first dirt bike so I will be on hear ALOT with miner questions if I cant find them in a search first. So to start thing off I have a Hayabusa that I drag race and I don't use the clutch to shift and found myself doing the same with the YZ when I was on the gas hard and coming in to corners downshifting. Will this hurt the tranny or are they strong and built for it?

I have got the starting thing down now after a week so I am good there. It was nice to actually ride it this past weekend rather then trying to start it all day the weekend before. LOL

Posted August 06, 2007 - 04:32 AM

I just found a search on this with some good info so feel free to post anything that may pertain to by bike specificially that I may need to know.

Other wise the search is great.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamasaki

Posted August 06, 2007 - 10:15 AM

I have got the starting thing down now after a week so I am good there. It was nice to actually ride it this past weekend rather then trying to start it all day the weekend before. LOL

lol. i remember that feeling.

i recently learned to ride with 2 fingers always covering the clutch. it's helped me stop downshifting without using the clutch alot. i still do it though.

• bigwake

Posted August 06, 2007 - 11:59 AM

the thing is..on my yz450f..its eezy to downshift without even knowing..its so smooth..sometimes you cant help it..but all of a sudden u feel that compression slowing u down..haha..have fun!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.