YZ450f 07 does not idle.

8 replies to this topic
  • jays22b

Posted August 06, 2007 - 03:21 AM

ive cleaned the carby and changed fuel. didnt find anything. anyway i was riding tuesday and it just stopped. i got it going after a few minutes and rode it back keeping the revs up so it would not stall. since then i have not got it going. it trys to fire but wont start.is there any suspect area's that i should try now? :crazy:

• arrow400

Posted August 06, 2007 - 03:48 AM

check to see if the mixture screw has vibrated out the can do this especially if the screw is adjusted out to about 3 or more turns.

• WB450

Posted August 06, 2007 - 07:15 AM

check to see if the mixture screw has vibrated out the can do this especially if the screw is adjusted out to about 3 or more turns.

I've had that happen to me, that's where I would start.:thumbsup:

• jays22b

Posted August 06, 2007 - 02:37 PM

yeah it's been reset when i cleaned the carby. still no go. it had not move anyway. i must off missed something. The bike 4 months old and due for a valve clearance check, but i wouldnt think it would stop idle because off it. bike was runing unreal before this happened.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • zao

Posted August 06, 2007 - 03:26 PM

It could be the daiphram in the carb. They crack it happened to my 05 YZ450. It wouldn't idle and it would stall really easy and then stopped starting.

• jays22b

Posted August 06, 2007 - 11:11 PM

it was wet head to toe, the rubber cap was full of water, no wounder it was playing up.. thank guys

• ben_suhard

Posted August 07, 2007 - 01:56 AM

it was wet head to toe, the rubber cap was full of water, no wounder it was playing up.. thank guys

What was wet? What rubber cap?

• Pezman04wrx

Posted August 07, 2007 - 02:20 AM

^^^ Spark plug boot? ... :excuseme:

• ben_suhard

Posted August 07, 2007 - 02:35 AM

^^^ Spark plug boot? ... :excuseme:

Yeah, my mistake, I didn't see he'd added a title to his post.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.