How to fix graphics that are coming off my Gas Tank???

5 replies to this topic
  • PatrickM

Posted August 06, 2007 - 12:20 AM

I have a 99 YZ400F and after I was done riding today, I noticed that the graphics on the ank are starting to peel away from my gas tank....

this is my first bike so i am not sure how to fix it. is there a glue that I can use to stick it back to the tank....I was reading that some people use heat to re-apply

its starting to really bother me so I want to fix it asap

if it matters, the Graphics are from FX graphics.

Thanks for all the help TT'ers!!!!!

Patrick M.

• TMAC25

Posted August 06, 2007 - 01:14 AM

Sell that tank and buy a 06 or newer 450. But ya buy spray glue, or they actually make a product, I think it's called super stick or something that you spray on the back of your graphics and it makes them stick better and allows you to move them around on the plastic. Anyway, good luck.

• deano0

Posted August 06, 2007 - 01:16 AM

i hav heard that using a hair dryer and warm up the sticker, it melts the glue n u mite b able 2 re stick it with the glue.
give it a go mann no harm in trying

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted August 06, 2007 - 05:53 AM

Either the graphics are shot or the gas in the tank is eating the glue over time.....drain the gas
Also 3M adhesive from HomeDepot will work - get the "90" version:applause:

• PatrickM

Posted August 06, 2007 - 11:34 AM

thanks for all of the help!!!!!!

I will stop by Home depot and get some spray glue... specifically the "90" version.

BTW... I would buy a new bike but I cant afford it right now. I am saving money so i can get a new bike!!!!

Patrick M.

• TMAC25

Posted August 06, 2007 - 04:04 PM

also graphics peal off the gas tank, because vapors seap through the plastic tank. Try and get good graphics like one industries or something with small holes to let the vapor through. Goos luck. P.S. the 3m spray glue does not work very well and is a temporary fix. My friend got some stuff that works like magic at the bike shop, I would cal lthere or drop by a local shop first.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.