Stoneyford ride. hot, good but LOST

8 replies to this topic
  • Mike

Posted July 31, 2000 - 06:38 PM

Hey to all who rode Stoneyford on Sunday. Thanks for the great group of guys and a good ride. It was hot, dusty but all in all a good day. I would like to thank Monty again for the tour. You truly know your areas. Thanks for showing me the way to camp. To Mike, Brian (spelled correctly and I know which one your truly are but will never tell another sole) and Ratso. I am really sorry we lost you at the start. I think that sucks and missed riding with you guys. Don't know what happened but I am bummed that we lost you. I certainly hope you guys had a good ride and to Brian you are a great sport to have not been to bummed out about us losing you.

Next ride, lets wait until it cools a little and maybe we can have a small camp out going and ride for a couple of days. There is lot to still be seen.

Cheers to good friends made and more rides at Stoneyford in the future.

Mike (Roseville)

------------------
98WR White Bros E Series stock head pipe, IMS Tank/seat Pro Tapers Works Connection guards. Stock timing

• Mike_in_Silicon_valley

Posted July 31, 2000 - 07:06 PM

Mikey,
God damn that was hot :D ...... It's true Brian (correct spelling :D ) really does exist. Johnny, Howard said you two had one hell of a dash down trail 6 :D ...... Ratso & Brian, thanks for waiting for me at Letts ridge (What a M.F. of a hill :) , Mr. Lett must have been a real prick :D ). Next time we must refine our trail train technique just a little bit (I'll bring my AR-10 just in case we have to reduce this membership on short notice :D )...... All in all a real fun trip..... Monty, thanks again for your hospitality. Let's do it again real soon!

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted July 31, 2000 - 09:17 PM

No offense to anybody but let's not do Stonyford anytime TOO soon - I don't mind hot or dusty but both together at those levels....

Who knows their way around some of the higher elevation riding areas????

Seriously, great to meet everybody & I am looking forward to riding with you again. Okay, Mike from Silicon Valley & Ratso again - the rest of you for the first time :)

Brian

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 03, 2000 - 03:58 PM

any you guys going to old hignway 40 days at donner ski ranch 12th&13th aug.?me and the rat are going i'll camp at boom town[pool and hot tub]YAAAAAAAAA.
motorcycle races and hill climbs both days
monty

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mike_in_Silicon_valley

Posted August 03, 2000 - 06:03 PM

Monty,
It sounds like fun but I'll be in Las Vegas with my wife. When do you think a good time would be for a Georgetown ride?

Mike

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 03, 2000 - 07:14 PM

Man with the fire season upon us i don't think they will let us ride in geogetown, i will check with the rangers and see what go;es after i get back from boomtown.I know some good trails up there you guys will love them,I worked 2 years laying enduo out there.That do'es need to be the next ride and i know a good place to eat& meet :)
monty

• Mike

Posted August 04, 2000 - 05:07 PM

He Monty,

Is there anywhere in the world you have not ridden. you are truely the trail GOD!!!. It is a pleasure riding with you and your knowledge. I will always enjoy hooking up with you and riding. Goes for the rest of the guys as well. Monty you must have been born with a map in your head!!! Anytime you head out in the SAc area to Stoneyford, let me know and I am in (of course I will have to ask the wife)

Mike

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 04, 2000 - 06:20 PM

You got it and if you guys put a ride together let me know,i'll be working on that georgetown ride :D and post info for you. you guys will be in the best shape for mohab then any one :)
monty

• Mike_in_Silicon_valley

Posted August 07, 2000 - 04:16 PM

Monty,
Have you ever been to Kennedy meadows?

Mike

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.