MOAB.......

14 replies to this topic
  • Mitch_from_Oz

Posted July 20, 2000 - 08:15 AM

Hey GUYS.... MOAB is just around the corner. Are we all still excited? Are we all still eager? Are we all still intact... :)

Sorry Bryan, could not help myself... :D

Mitch

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted July 20, 2000 - 08:38 AM

Counting down, Mitchy, counting down...

• Mitch_from_Oz

Posted July 20, 2000 - 10:52 AM

So Kev, how the hell are you?

• Bryan

Posted July 20, 2000 - 11:18 AM

I'm Stoked! :D
Jones'n! ;)
Psyched! :)
Excited! :D
Looking forward to it! (Lame!) :D
Hyped! :D
Wrought up! (Got that out of a Thesaurus) :D
Ready to burst! :D
Bitch'n! (close enough) :D
Aimed! :D

(can't think of any more)

Bryan...

• Mitch_from_Oz

Posted July 20, 2000 - 11:53 AM

So Bryan, what your trying to tell us is that you are excited? :)

Eli, my buddy, is also coming along. I will be on his YZ400 and he will be on his KTM380(00)... Yeeha.

Mitch

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted July 20, 2000 - 12:54 PM

For a level of excitation, how about "Ready to blow a load of happiness all over the world!" yuck...what a mess!

I am doing fine Mitch. I am almost through with my present vacation in Minnesota (that is central United States, along the canadian border.

I contaced FMF about our (3) DSP airboxes and a Power Bomb for myself. I asked for some sort of deal. As of yet, no response, which doesn't surprise me. I'll give it a week or so. I am still looking at building my mx/sx track in my yard. I need to talk to the neighbor down the road about renting his bulldozer. It has a bucket on it. I wish I could access a fire fighting style water hose that puts out a deluge of water. I could use it in the construction of my track. It is great for soaking/compacting the earth for nice, firm jumps, tables, whoops.
Monday I am back to the grind working swing shift (2:30pm - 10:30pm).

Mitch, exactly how many frequent flyer miles do you rack up in a year?

Kevin

------------------
99 WR, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat, jetting by Clark, got forked by Pro Action, WAITING IMPATIENTLY FOR MOAB!!
AMA, NETRA

For clarification: WE'LL be having a KICK ASS time in Moab!! Right Mitch?!!

• Team_Oatmeal_Pie

Posted July 20, 2000 - 06:04 PM

Guys I am training for this ride, everyday, putting in long hard hours of grueling preparation. Training schedule is as follows:
1. Throw self down stairs 10x -crash prep.
2. Use cheese grater on knees, elbows and knuckles - close as sandstone I could find to mimick laydowns at speed.
3. Practice high speed lever change, so as not to slow the group after lever breaking get off.
4. Weight training, 12/oz at a time, (conversion 1 pint for those challenged by our simple means of weight& measures)Major benefit being a protective layer of blubber to soften unscheduled landings, and general confusion to convince self yesterdays beating wasnt really that bad.
I should be in top form by October.
:D :D :) :D :D :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 20, 2000 - 07:57 PM

Hey Oatmeal,
I like your weight training program but your cheatin man! A pint is 16 oz. buddy. So step up to the plate with the big boys, drink a "tall" and get those muscles really pumped.

• Polo

Posted July 29, 2000 - 05:15 PM

Who all is invited to this moab gig?
My wife just got me a new wr400f today and so i started searching the web to find out what I can do to it. Thats how I got here, anyway, she also picked up herself a new TTR125L and 2 PW50s for my boys. By the looks of all the gear she bought and trailer complete with Yamaha Stickers on it I think she's serious about this being a new family activity. We make the trip to moab at least once a month to go Jeeping, but never thought about motercycles there before, it sounds fun. Can we come out and play? :) Or is it a serious riders only thing? If so, it's all good, we understand.

Polo
from Provo UT

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted July 29, 2000 - 05:57 PM

Polo,
Everybody and anybody is welcome to Moab!

I hope you find this websight as friendly and helpful as the rest of us. There is a tremendous amount of knowledge here and a WHOLE bunch of GREAT guys!!
An unwritten law is no slamming anyone on this sight unless it is for fun, and that would be good fun. Never reply to a topic/statement in anger. You have got to have a good sense of humor. Respect everyone's opinion, you may not agree with it, but respect it none-the less.

Welcome aboard!!

Kevin

------------------
99 WR, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat, jetting by Clark, got forked by Pro Action, WAITING IMPATIENTLY FOR MOAB!!
AMA, NETRA

• Dougie

Posted July 29, 2000 - 07:07 PM

Wait a minute, you just wrote about an unwritten law.

------------------
Dougie, '99 WR400
Mods: YZ timing, Race Tech Suspension, FMF PC IV, FMF Hi FLo Moto, YZ seat, IMS 3.3 tank, One Industries Graphics, Renthal bars, 14/52 gearing.

• Vincent

Posted July 30, 2000 - 05:02 AM

So what are the exact dates for the Moab trip anyway fellas? I get back to the states the 1st of October...hmmm, I wonder if the wife would shoot me for takin off on a scooter trip after bein gone a year? Sigh...probably. Well there is always next year, but maybe just maybe...so when is it?? Hahahaha.
P.S., hey Bryan..you forgot the biggest term, "Im Pumped!"

[This message has been edited by Vincent (edited 07-30-2000).]

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted July 30, 2000 - 05:48 AM

Moab will be the weekend of Oct. 7,8,9 (the 9th is a holiday).

Also Polo, I failed to mention. I have been told on this websight that Moab can be a dangerous area for riding. You may want to ask the Moab Pro's prior to commiting your family to accompany you.

[This message has been edited by Kevin in New Hampshire (edited 07-30-2000).]

• Polo

Posted August 01, 2000 - 07:20 AM

My wife and I will be there! :) We will leave the boys at home.
Polo

• Harold_in_So_Cal

Posted August 07, 2000 - 11:53 AM

Hell yea. Even more so.

Harold

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.