how does ims tank, seat match 99 wr blue??????

2 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 03, 2000 - 12:07 PM

I was wondering how the colors match and what is the smallest after market tank you can get... and is the seat as flat as the stock YZ seat and tank...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bill

Posted August 04, 2000 - 02:21 AM

I have the IMS seat on my 99. I also work in the printing industry....does the color match to "printing" standards ....... no .... does it match enough to look good on my Baby, Yes. And as far as the seat goes. I mated mine to the stock YZ tank and it fits fine, so I would assume that it is the same or at least there is not enough of a difference in the seat foam to be able to notice.

If you make this switch only to make the bike turn MUCH BETTER. I would buy a YZ style seat and tank.

86TT225, 98CR80, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 06, 2000 - 02:07 PM

busch...I have a 99 WR and am running the IMS seat/tank combo and have been extremely pleased. The bike does indeed corner MUCH better (even with the stock front tire) and I have confidence on it that I haven't felt before. As far as color goes, it looks just like the rest of the plastic on the bike. I did, however, put a graphics kit on it made for a YZ...the only hitch was that I had to trim the stickers a little and not all of the lines matched with the lines on the seat cover...not a biggee...overall it looks pretty good. You definitely want to change tanks...I can't believe I waited almost a year...

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.