te-he-he-he-ha-ha-haa-haaa-haw-haw-haw-ah dear

8 replies to this topic
  • Taffy

Posted August 03, 2000 - 01:54 AM

oye laughed sooo muuch, oye damn near piddled in moy pants!

terrycable hot start button eat your heart out!

i saw a wr4 at a H & H in suffolk on sunday. the owner had taken the hotstart button off the frame & put it on under the handlebar, mounted on the decomp lever.

he'd simple put a tube up to the handlebars to his little red button. what should have been the pipe to the airbox now had a little bit of scotchbrite in it. airbox was of course blocked off.

in england there's an old saying "a good engineer is a man that can make for sixpence what someone else would make for a shilling (double)"

get this- the rider was genuinly annoyed that it had cost him £1 ($1.50)!!!!

Haaaaaaaa-haaaa-haaaa-haaaa.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 03, 2000 - 11:54 PM

don't get it!

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 04, 2000 - 10:56 AM

there's a new saying in the US, "That Taffy...what a dork."

• Bryan

Posted August 04, 2000 - 01:44 PM

Damn Taffy. After spending all that money on my Terry Cable hot start my reaction is:

WHY THE *&^% DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT!

Thanks for the info,
Bryan...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 04, 2000 - 05:47 PM

...yeah..Taffy... with the language difference's and you using a bit of 'verbal shorthand'.... a lot of times your stuff is a little hard to figure out... (kind of like reading Shakespeare for me, though I heard he couldn't ride for **** neither)... I got the basic idea though.

• Mitch_from_Oz

Posted August 06, 2000 - 01:46 AM

Heya Taff,

Completely understand ya mate. Those flippin yanks dont know plain olf fashioned english...

Cool stuff Taff. I did the same thing, but left it in the same spot. Had to, the DSP airbox does not have the hose port on the new airbox!

Mitch

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 06, 2000 - 06:00 AM

(How) can i do this on my -00 wr4 ?
Does anyone done it?
Are there any aftermarket stuff to buy that are ready to bolt on :)

thanks for help

• Darren_Santilli

Posted August 06, 2000 - 07:03 AM

you lott can't even spoke proper england soon

:) :D

Darren
England

• James_Dean

Posted August 06, 2000 - 09:14 PM

Some like it cheap...
Some like it easy...
-- Then there's Mitch!! :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.