Watch Out !!

7 replies to this topic
  • CraigW

Posted August 02, 2000 - 04:52 AM

All this talk. Have you ever thought what would happen if your wife was monitoring this discussion group.

Imagine the evidence that she may have already amassed against you. You could all be in for a big spending bill if she's being keeping a running total of all those steering dampers, carbon airboxes, triple clamps exhaust pipes etc. etc.

Maybe we should invent a code we could use when discussing these 'unauthorised' expenditures.

Oh oh what have I said, they might be reading this post.

I have to go. My wife just finished working on her computer and wants to talk to me about something - I've got no idea what it could be.

• ricky1

Posted August 02, 2000 - 01:18 PM

LMAO! Not married, fortunatly.

Rick Fuller
'00 YZ426
'81 490 Maico

• Mitch_from_Oz

Posted August 02, 2000 - 03:27 PM

You are correct. We need to have some kind of special code sequence that only we will know. To do so, we need to send faxes to each other with special codes for the following:

1. Special Purchases - performance enhancements
2. Itemized code descriptions
3. Accident repairs

• John_in_Long_Beach

Posted August 02, 2000 - 04:15 PM

All you have to do is tell the wife that you got a couple of things for the house. (they don't mind spending money to fix up the house).

Or you can say that you just got some work clothes.

Example -

New seat and tank - ERGONOMIC SEATING

Pipe and header - SPARK ARRESTOR - You need a home with a fireplace, she will never climb up on the roof.

New moto clothing - BUSINESS SUIT - We all know that biking is serious business.

Helmet/gloves/boots - MATCHING ACCESSORIES - Chicks understand this, she doesn't want you to look like a dork.

Damn, I think I am going to go and buy some new household items and business clothes.

And yes honey I do need a $70 torque wrench to set the VCR.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bryan Bosch

Posted August 02, 2000 - 04:58 PM

Come on! Aren't we all the men of our households? As they say, "You da man!"

• Matt_Porritt

Posted August 02, 2000 - 05:20 PM

I told my partner when I first met her, not to try and change me.
Told her that she'd go before the bike..
I'm still riding! :)

**Ride it like you Stole it!**
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F
Vist the Rubber Chicken Racing Online Shop
Discounts for ThumperTalk members.

• Mitch_from_Oz

Posted August 02, 2000 - 05:53 PM

Way to go Bryan and Matt.. :)

The two real men of ThumperTalk.... Keep up the good work guys... I wish I could.. my wife lets me get away with plenty and I love her for it... But, you need to know a little bit about her....

- 5'5" tall
- BROAD shoulders
- 5 years in the military - grunt
- 2 years SAS training. And yes, she left me for 3 weeks twice and I still dont know about it. All I know is that she came back, bruised, battered and alot thinner....
- Anti terrorist training.
- etc.....

The scary thing, she looks so damn sexy, you would never have guessed... Well, her muscular physique would, but she just looked so lean and sexy... YUMMY YUMMY...

So, she da man... :D

• mcarp

Posted August 06, 2000 - 07:47 AM

Guys, guys, guys. I think I have learned the secret. Just buy her something nice when you order something as well. It doesn't have to be great, either, just SOMETHING. Very simple.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.