GOD NO!!!... Not again!

11 replies to this topic
  • Matt_Porritt

Posted July 31, 2000 - 09:00 PM

**** !! :D

Went to the surgeon yesterday..
1st time I've seen this guy.. usually see the morning man who has been saying "all is good"
I turns out that the reason for my arm not getting any better (been at physio for 5 months and no improvement in last 2 months and some funky movements!) is that the bone never healed! :)
I now have 2 bones in my upper arm with a rod holing them in line.. BUT they twist against each other!! :D
So now I have to go into theatre again and get the thing done again the way they were going to do to it orginally (a few screws added to lock both pieces of bone to the rod) but this time they remove the rod, ream it out BIGGER and put a larger rod in..
There is also talk of bone grafts etc!!

So I guess the 10 laps I did on Sun (in alot of pain due to the rod sliding up and down my bone during jumping.. clunky noise too) was my 2nd (including accident) and last ride of the year!!! :D

I wish i was in the US and could gain some serious coin from this!! :D

------------------
--
**Ride it like you Stole it!**
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F
Vist the Rubber Chicken Racing Online Shop
Discounts for ThumperTalk members.

[This message has been edited by Matt Porritt (edited 08-01-2000).]

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 01, 2000 - 01:00 AM

I can't imagin what you're going through at the moment, I get frustrated when I can't go riding every week-end, six months or so would drive me absolutely nuts! I can only wish you a speedy recovery and that they get it right this time.

• Henry

Posted August 01, 2000 - 01:24 AM

Hey Matt, sorry to hear your plight.
Rest well, recover fast,drink more milk(of course from milkman!! :D)
milk is rich in calcium and good for bones.
Do your therapy and wish you a speedy recovery! :)

------------------
'98 WR400F, YZ timed, main:180, pilot:48, DVR needle 4th clip from top,
snorkel removed, YZ tank/seat combo, YZ front no.plate/rear fender,
DSP Ti exhaust system, Brembo front brake,steel braided hose, EZ clutch adjust perch,
Stroker billet rear brake reservoir

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted August 01, 2000 - 02:43 AM

Godspeed on the recovery Matt!!

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 01, 2000 - 03:51 AM

I do the body good.

I keep trying to tell girls that but....
Mabye I ought to try a different approach.

Sorry about your ills Matt. Hope you get things straightened out.

------------------
Darin from Missouri 1999 WR400F

• Mitch_from_Oz

Posted August 01, 2000 - 04:56 PM

Matt,

That truly is a situation that I am feeling for you. To have a surgery go bad and the end result being a degradation in what you love doing is the greatest personal crime that exists.

Matt, you can sue for negligence everywhere. My sugegstion, speak to an attourney. The first visit is free and see what he/she has to say. It would certainly be worth it for both piece of mine as well as padding in the back pocket to keep your time well spent.

Via-condious.

We will hook up in NZ somehow.

Mitch

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matt_Porritt

Posted August 01, 2000 - 05:24 PM

I'm not sure if its negligence or just bad luck (very bad luck)
In the US if someone so much as farts in your direction you can gain from it .. but here.. not so easy I don't think :)

Milk.. well that bit is my own fault..
I don't drink bugger all milk.. only in coffee that I have at 5.30am in the morning when I arrive at work.. no more.
Pitty beer can't be a healer!
I'd be well and truely fixed by now!.. **** .. last Sat night alone entailed a 20 can salute! (not the girly beer you yanks drink.. real stuff.. 4%.. Grrrr! :D )

------------------
--
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 01, 2000 - 05:52 PM

Hey! Dont knock our Coors Light. Man! That stuff is STOUT! :)

------------------
Darin from Missouri 1999 WR400F

• Mike_in_Silicon_valley

Posted August 03, 2000 - 06:43 PM

Matty,
Be careful what you whish for. Here in the US I wish we had more sheep :) than attorneys! Be grateful in the fact that your country isn't over regulated! As for your arm you've obviously got a great pain threshold. This is important because your arm will eventually get better! Keep your head up brother! As far as a 20 can salute, man that's world class. It truly is a shame you won't be in Moab to contest the beer drinking crown I plan to win :D . New Zealand is on my to do list, maybe I'll spot you the home field advantage :D .

• Matt_Porritt

Posted August 03, 2000 - 09:37 PM

Yeah.. NZ is pretty cruizie..
No stickers etc to be able to ride.. no one cares (at the moment.. our biggest probs are the MTBikers.. they're tring to stop us riding but not getting far! :D )

Pain threshold has been raised in the last 7 months.. but I'm getting worse and don't get into the theatre until Mid Sept! :)
3-4 months after that I was told today before I can return to work.. as of this coming Monday I'm off work...

ahh... last day today for the rest of the year! :D

As far as the 20 an salute.. I'm young, work on a boat and get paid ok! :D why not?? what am I going to need a liver for in 10 years time?? :D
The rest of my body is already sooo broken.. organs are a minor! :D

------------------
--
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F

• Heywood

Posted August 04, 2000 - 10:21 AM

Matt:

So sorry to hear of your plight. It sounds like you you are handling it well though.

I was wathcing a World Rally race from NZ the other day. Man you have some beautiful countryside down there!! I would love to get a chance to go there, but for now not really feasible due to lack of funds. :)

Anyway, hang in there and get well soon.

Later,

Heywood

[This message has been edited by Heywood (edited 08-04-2000).]

• damage_inc400

Posted August 05, 2000 - 12:42 AM

You sure you're not seeing a US Navy doctor? Sure sounds like military medicine to me.

Good Luck!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.