Moab and KDX's for rent??

7 replies to this topic
  • Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted August 03, 2000 - 06:45 AM

Does anyone have the scoop on who rents KDX's out in Moab? It may be a cheaper alternative to anyone (I guess me too) on shipping the bike from the east coast.

Does anyone give a ThumperTalk discount on bike rental??

------------------
99 WR, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat, jetting by Clark/James, got forked by Pro Action, DSP airbox, PB Header, Stroker SX-1, Thumper Rad Guards, Acerbis Hand Guards, WAITING IMPATIENTLY FOR MOAB, boning up on my sheep shearing skills!!

• Bill

Posted August 03, 2000 - 07:46 AM

Looks like the Utah Moto Adventures. Their link is on the links page. They have Hondas XR250 and XR400's. I'll sned them a note and see what kind of deal we can get.

Bill

------------------
86TT225, 98CR80, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted August 03, 2000 - 12:20 PM

Excellent Bill. Btwn the XR and a 2 stroke, I'd go with the KDX. But, beggers can't be choosers.

------------------
99 WR, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat, jetting by Clark/James, got forked by Pro Action, DSP airbox, PB Header, Stroker SX-1, Thumper Rad Guards, Acerbis Hand Guards, WAITING IMPATIENTLY FOR MOAB, boning up on my sheep shearing skills!!

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 03, 2000 - 07:31 PM

Hey Kevin, yeah we have some xr400's but if the kdx is what you're after, Elite tours in moab has them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted August 04, 2000 - 12:54 AM

Hey Chris,
What do the XR's go for ($$) per day? So far I am still looking at $1000 to ship my bike to Moab and need to weigh ALL my options.

------------------

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 04, 2000 - 07:59 AM

Hey Kevin,
Do you mean to say your "honing" up on your sheep shearing skills..... or "boning" up. :)

------------------
Darin from Missouri 1999 WR400F

• AngryCandy

Posted August 04, 2000 - 08:30 AM

Kev, check out <A HREF="http://moab.net/elitetours/index.html">
Elite Motorcycle Tours</A>
for the tour company I used last summer. They have a fleet of KDXs, but I'm not sure if they rent them out or if they only use them for tour customers. The bikes were in great shape last year...very well maintained.

[This message has been edited by AngryCandy (edited 08-04-2000).]

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted August 04, 2000 - 09:47 PM

Boning...honing...depends on how many brews I have had...

------------------

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.