YZF 426 Oil Leak

1 reply to this topic
  • Insaneman1731

Posted August 05, 2007 - 08:53 AM

What's up guys. I just recently noticed oil spots on my floor from my 426. I will ride it around, and after I turn it off and let it sit it will start to leak a little oil. It looks like it is comming from a hose that comes out of the top of the motor, and the hose runs down the side of the bike. Thanks alot.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted August 05, 2007 - 02:59 PM

Its normal for it to drip a couple drops of oil out of the blow-by tube (or crank case vent tube). Sometimes its caused by over-filling the tank with oil and sometimes its caused from running at a high RPM for an extended amount of time.

All the YZF's do it, don't worry. :thumbsup:

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.