New Owner

6 replies to this topic
  • vanburi

Posted August 05, 2007 - 06:43 AM

Just wanted to thank everyone here and ThumperTalk for helping me in my decision making and buying process. I have been sort of lurking and learning for a couple of weeks now and just purchased an '02 XR650L yesterday. I still have lots to learn but more importantly, lotsa riding to do...

Regards,

• Bibleman

Posted August 05, 2007 - 08:31 AM

Congrats and welcome. Lot's of fun per buck!

• jeanluconze

Posted August 05, 2007 - 10:00 AM

Just wanted to thank everyone here and ThumperTalk for helping me in my decision making and buying process. I have been sort of lurking and learning for a couple of weeks now and just purchased an '02 XR650L yesterday. I still have lots to learn but more importantly, lotsa riding to do...

Regards,

:applause: you'll have fun once you get it running right (if prev owner didn't do all that). Welcome! :ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • vanburi

Posted August 05, 2007 - 10:21 AM

:applause: you'll have fun once you get it running right (if prev owner didn't do all that). Welcome! :ride:

I'm hoping that I did good with my research and buying process. The bike has been uncorked and de-smogged, white bothers E2 slip-on, proper jetting, Clarke 4.7G tank(red), fender rack(not sure of brand/model), rear plastic guards powdercoated to match fender rack(I guess these are good for soft saddlebag use too), aftermarket shifter, skid plate and, renthal bars/grips. I honestly won't know for sure until I've ridden it some and put it thru its paces but, one can always hope...

Regards,

• martinfan30

Posted August 05, 2007 - 12:09 PM

I'm hoping that I did good with my research and buying process. The bike has been uncorked and de-smogged, white bothers E2 slip-on, proper jetting, Clarke 4.7G tank(red), fender rack(not sure of brand/model), rear plastic guards powdercoated to match fender rack(I guess these are good for soft saddlebag use too), aftermarket shifter, skid plate and, renthal bars/grips. I honestly won't know for sure until I've ridden it some and put it thru its paces but, one can always hope...

Regards,

not sure that is powder coat. powder coating(from the best of my knowledge) uses magnetism to help the powder stick to the surface of metal. not that this is important, the important part is you now have one of the best do-it all bikes ever built! they are way fun to continually mod and just have fun with! congrats on your new BIG RED PIG!:applause: :thumbsup:

• vanburi

Posted August 05, 2007 - 01:15 PM

not sure that is powder coat. powder coating(from the best of my knowledge) uses magnetism to help the powder stick to the surface of metal. not that this is important, the important part is you now have one of the best do-it all bikes ever built! they are way fun to continually mod and just have fun with! congrats on your new BIG RED PIG!:applause: :thumbsup:

I guess I didn't describe the guards that I was talking about well. They look similar to saddlebag mounts and cover the rear plastice for protection or to keep soft bags off. The are not flat but, curve to match the body panel contour. These are what are powdercoated...

Regards,

• Denn10

Posted August 05, 2007 - 02:32 PM

always a new week with another happy L owner LOL enjoy it theres alot here to help out GL good buy!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.