foam filter oil help

5 replies to this topic
  • IMNXNYR

Posted August 05, 2007 - 01:54 AM

Any recommendations on a foam air filter oil that won't drip off the filter when exposed to high temperatures? I'm currently using PJ1 on the UNI and squeezed as much as I could out of the filter but I'm still getting the occasional dripping off the foam into the air box. Not a big deal other than while it's resting on the kickstand the oil tends to accumulate in the side panel. There's gotta be a better choice out there.

• mitown

Posted August 05, 2007 - 02:18 AM

Any recommendations on a foam air filter oil that won't drip off the filter when exposed to high temperatures? I'm currently using PJ1 on the UNI and squeezed as much as I could out of the filter but I'm still getting the occasional dripping off the foam into the air box. Not a big deal other than while it's resting on the kickstand the oil tends to accumulate in the side panel. There's gotta be a better choice out there.

I always let the oil dry first

• creeky

Posted August 05, 2007 - 03:07 AM

I always let the oil dry first

Me too, if I have the time, I hang the filter on a hook with a container under it and let it drip off the excess.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • philipstjohn

Posted August 05, 2007 - 03:28 AM

Remember, you want complete saturation, but not dripping oil when your done oiling the filter. Once I know the filter is completely oiled through, I pat any excess oil slightly with a clean towel. I have never have any excess oil issues like you mentioned, and I have been using UNI oil lately. If you are not using a spray on oil, this may help you not to over oil...:thumbsup:

• BWB63

Posted August 05, 2007 - 01:04 PM

I do sqeeze out some...you kinda have to but, I want as much oil in the filter as it will hold, it is the protection. I use the most sticky, water proof, nasty, hard to clean out oil I could find and for me it is the quart Golden Spectro blue sticky goo. A lot like the Bell Ray in the White quart bottle just a lot thicker and much stringier. If I am in a hurry I have put as much as I can in the filter squeese a little out and not let it dry all the way and it will drip a little out of the side pannel....chain lube:goofy:
I have many UNI air filters for the bike but, they are not always ready, I clean and oil after every big ride or weeken ride.

• martinfan30

Posted August 05, 2007 - 01:08 PM

I do sqeeze out some...you kinda have to but, I want as much oil in the filter as it will hold, it is the protection. I use the most sticky, water proof, nasty, hard to clean out oil I could find and for me it is the quart Golden Spectro blue sticky goo. A lot like the Bell Ray in the White quart bottle just a lot thicker and much stringier. If I am in a hurry I have put as much as I can in the filter squeese a little out and not let it dry all the way and it will drip a little out of the side pannel....chain lube:goofy:
I have many UNI air filters for the bike but, they are not always ready, I clean and oil after every big ride or weeken ride.

thats killin 2 birds with 1 stone(the chain lube)! i like the honda pro oil and cleaner. works well on my pod filter. dont get any drips.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.