Can I Bore You?

4 replies to this topic
  • bonez34

Posted February 28, 2002 - 06:19 PM

Do you'all think it is possible to bore the stock top clamp to 1 1/8" to fit fat bars on it?
Is there enough clearance between the bolts and the bore?
Thanks for ye input.

• Scott_F

Posted March 01, 2002 - 06:03 AM

NO!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dan_Lorenze

Posted March 01, 2002 - 06:07 AM

No!! The OD of the bars is too big. Plus you really need the strenth there. Can you imagine having your bars snap off and really hurt you? It's not worth it. I wanted to do it to my XR75 but the clamp is also too small..

DL :)

• YAMAKAZE

Posted March 01, 2002 - 06:44 AM

Just spend the $30.00 and buy the universal adapters if you don't want to change the tripple clamp. I have been running the universals now for a year with my Renthal Fat Bars, Works good Lasts Long Time....Plus raises the bars up about 3/4 of an inch opening up the cockpit.

Bonzai :)

• bonez34

Posted March 02, 2002 - 07:23 AM

DAMN!!!
Oh well (visa slides slowly out of old flaky picture holder in worn wallet) at least i got a straight forward answer!

Thanks for the big fat no's!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.