Trails around Leadville

6 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 31, 2000 - 08:45 AM

Anyone that has any knowledge about dirt bike trail surrounding the Leadville, CO area please let me know where. We will be staying in that area for a week and wanted to ride some good trails that you dont have to drive too far to get to.

I rode with Bryan Hulse this weekend (out here in MO) and he said he wasnt to sure about trails in the Leadville area. Mostly just Jeep trails.
Did I mention Bryan is one cool dude. Wish I could hang out with him more often.

Anyways, If anyone has info it would me much appreciadio.

------------------
Darin from Missouri 1999 WR400F

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 01, 2000 - 08:10 AM

First off, I want to say that anyone that races BJEC is alright with me, Darin. :)

I did have someone tell me there were some singletrack trails taking off near some of the mountain passes, but I don't know if these were open to bikes or not.

I'll keep checking...

• Dougie

Posted August 02, 2000 - 02:08 AM

Not sure about trails immediately around Leadville.

But you can trailer to both Buena Vista and Breckenridge and do some awesome trail riding around those areas. BV is about 45 mins south of Leadville and Breck is about an hour away.

When are you planning on being out here?

------------------
Dougie, '99 WR400
Mods: YZ timing, Race Tech Suspension, FMF PC IV, FMF Hi FLo Moto, YZ seat, IMS 3.3 tank, One Industries Graphics, Renthal bars, 14/52 gearing.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 02, 2000 - 08:57 AM

I will keep that information in mind Dougie. Thanks. We (me and jgh6017) are trying to do some planning on where to ride when we come out and we are looking for suggestions that are not too awful far away.

We will be in Leadville on the 12th of August. Come on out!

------------------

• Dougie

Posted August 02, 2000 - 10:05 AM

How long will you be out here? I'll be in New Mexico through the 13th (Sun). I'd be happy to meet you guys later in the week if you are going to be around that long. I can ride on the 15th, 16th or 17th (Fri - Sun).

I can meet you in Breck which is only a 90 minute drive from Denver, or in Buena Vista which would be about a 3 hour drive for me (I've done this before and wouldn't mind). Someone from here will hook up with you at some point I bet.

I'm actually going to be in Buena Vista this weekend for a B-day ride with my father in law. He is paying for the entire family to stay there and ride. He does it every year for his B-day.

I spent all day yesterday getting my wife's XR250L in shape for this weekend. She is bummed because she can't ride being pregnant and all. But her sister from Indiana is going to use it. Should be a good time. This is usually the only time of the year we get the entire family to ride (me and Shelley, her dad and mom, her two sisters and their husbands and her brother and kids).

Man can I get off on a tangent. I'll shut up now.

------------------
Dougie, '99 WR400
Mods: YZ timing, Race Tech Suspension, FMF PC IV, FMF Hi FLo Moto, YZ seat, IMS 3.3 tank, One Industries Graphics, Renthal bars, 14/52 gearing.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 02, 2000 - 04:25 PM

Tell you what Im going to do Dougie.

Im going to forward you message to the guy that Im riding out there with and see what he thinks.

If any of those day would work, it would probably be best to try to meet on Friday because Im not sure if we are heading back the following Saturday or Sunday. (check your dates on the Friday thru Sun Dougie, Im not sure 15th-17th is right)

Let me see what he thinks and I will get back with you ASAP. Cool?

------------------

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 03, 2000 - 12:36 PM

Hey, Doug. I guess I'm the planmeister for our CO trip. I"ve done some trail research around Leadville, and coming up with some dayride ideas, but we're keeping things fairly loose. We have 2 radical jeeps going, so we plan on hitting Wheeler Lake around Tuesday and Holy Cross on Thursday. I don't know how much singletrack we'll find, but if you know of some near Buena Vista or Breckenridge, that sounds good to me. Actually, we can take Mosquito Pass over to Breckenridge.

Keep me posted...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.