Hard to find parts? XR650L

28 replies to this topic
  • XR650L_Dave

Posted September 04, 2007 - 07:55 AM

It was the left foot peg, I basically tore it off the bike and bent the shifter beyond recognition. The kick stand looked like it was trying to signal a left hand turn. It took three months for the broken bones in my foot to heal up and the skin and flesh to grow back over my elbow. I asked the doctor to stitch up my elbow when he finished with Mr. Foot, the foot peg went through my boot and attempted to take some bone with it. The doctor laughed at me, "what do you want me to stitch up, there isn't anything there", it will grow back in time". Anyway, both local dealerships told me that ther was no aftermarket pegs for that bike, OEM only and they would be hard to find as well as expensive. Apparently the pegs are made out of some odd alloy called "unobtanium", strong as titanium with only a 10th of the wieght.

You trusted the stealership when they said "the only place you can get "X" is here, Bwuhahahahaha!!!", so I assume you're still on pain meds!

• dirtflea

Posted September 04, 2007 - 09:34 AM

I just checked IMS's site and they list footpegs for all kinds of XR models...600, 650L, and 650R included.

Just because the Tucker Rocky and other catalogs a the "Stealership" don't show them doesn't mean they aren't made. Thanks for the schooling guys! Man that pisses me off, the parts manager is or was a friend of mine.

• AaronBrown

Posted September 11, 2007 - 08:41 PM

I got the works connection frame guards and the Maier disk/fork guards.
I ordered them last week from Chaparral racing.

I still cant ride worth a darn but the bike is looking GOOD!

Hows the fit, any install pics yet?

• wheelnut46

Posted September 12, 2007 - 03:57 PM

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AaronBrown

Posted September 12, 2007 - 07:28 PM

Did you have to do any modifications to make them fit?

• wheelnut46

Posted September 12, 2007 - 07:38 PM

Well they are made for the XR600 which doesn't have the passenger foot-peg bungs welded on so I just made mine fit over them so there is a little extra manipulating of the sheet metal. All in all they fit on pretty well.

• Coolidge

Posted October 26, 2007 - 09:57 AM

Both frame guards & fork guards are avail on Ebay. Seller is in UK, and plastics are by UFO and Maier. I recently ordered the frame guards for my XR600.
Lemme know if you need a link to auctions. Both were BIN's

• wheelnut46

Posted October 26, 2007 - 11:20 AM

My bike with the new fork/disc guard and frame guards.

• martinfan30

Posted October 26, 2007 - 11:48 AM

nice L!
that you in the golf cart?LOL:busted:

Related Content

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.