Courage vs. Fear

8 replies to this topic
  • Bill

Posted August 01, 2000 - 08:29 AM

Found this quote and thought I'd share it with you guys.

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

Like riding, racing, winning or facing any adversity in our lives.

Bill

------------------
86TT225, 98CR80, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 01, 2000 - 08:40 AM

One of my favorites is:

Pain is just weakness leaving the body

------------------
Darin from Missouri 1999 WR400F

• Heywood

Posted August 01, 2000 - 10:10 AM

Courage:
"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes up short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who in the end the triumph of high achievements; and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither defeat or victory".
Theodore Roosevelt April 10, 1899.

• Heywood

Posted August 01, 2000 - 10:10 AM

Sorry, double post...

[This message has been edited by Heywood (edited 08-01-2000).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mitch_from_Oz

Posted August 01, 2000 - 04:52 PM

Guys,

I am truly impressed by your knowledge and your quotes. I will use these frequenty and administer them to memory so that during that time where courage must overcome fear, I will have a shining light in my minds struggle that will take me to Valhalla.

Your buddy
Mitch

• Matt_Porritt

Posted August 01, 2000 - 05:26 PM

Valhalla??
My old just brought a new house in Valhalla heights!! :)

What exactly is 'Vahalla' or 'a' Vahalla.

------------------
--
**Ride it like you Stole it!**
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F
Vist the Rubber Chicken Racing Online Shop
Discounts for ThumperTalk members.

• Mitch_from_Oz

Posted August 01, 2000 - 05:36 PM

I believe I may have the spelling wrong.. :)

Valhalla is a place where dead Vikings/Warriors go... A place where true motorcyclists go when they die of OLD age.

Mitch

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 01, 2000 - 09:28 PM

For a Viking warrior's soul to reach the Hall of Odin (Valhalla) he had to die in battle or doing something brave.

• Bill

Posted August 02, 2000 - 02:14 AM

You mean like Kevin putting his forks on his credit card without his wife knowing.

Bill

------------------
86TT225, 98CR80, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.