opinions needed

4 replies to this topic
  • crash83

Posted August 04, 2007 - 12:30 PM

im looking at buying a new bike this year,the last one i had was a 04 yz250 2-stroke.[coming off of a yz125]that i just couldnt get comfortable with[the 250]just seemed that the 250 had to much hit,i put a larger countershaft sprocket on [1 tooth increase from stock]that helped but i just could not get it down.sold it to move to texas,now i would like to get a new bike,i loved my yz125 but needed a little more power,250f sounds good ,but i think i may need more bottom end[offroad rider with occasional trips to the track].
i had a 99 yz400 and loved the motor[perfect for me],but hated the weight,is there a 450 out there with a comparable motor?
is the 08 450 with its"easier to ride motor"be comparable?i ve ridden the 03-05 yzf 450 and it seemed a little to much hit.
im 5-7" and way 180 lbs.been on off bikes for years but basically a mid level rider.i d like to be able to spend much more time ridding in the future,than ive been able to in the past,and need a bike that im comfortable on[power wise].
any recommedations?

• The Italian Stallion

Posted August 05, 2007 - 06:34 AM

im looking at buying a new bike this year,the last one i had was a 04 yz250 2-stroke.[coming off of a yz125]that i just couldnt get comfortable with[the 250]just seemed that the 250 had to much hit,i put a larger countershaft sprocket on [1 tooth increase from stock]that helped but i just could not get it down.sold it to move to texas,now i would like to get a new bike,i loved my yz125 but needed a little more power,250f sounds good ,but i think i may need more bottom end[offroad rider with occasional trips to the track].
i had a 99 yz400 and loved the motor[perfect for me],but hated the weight,is there a 450 out there with a comparable motor?
is the 08 450 with its"easier to ride motor"be comparable?i ve ridden the 03-05 yzf 450 and it seemed a little to much hit.
im 5-7" and way 180 lbs.been on off bikes for years but basically a mid level rider.i d like to be able to spend much more time ridding in the future,than ive been able to in the past,and need a bike that im comfortable on[power wise].
any recommedations?

The 250f might be the bike for you I would like to have one in addition to my 06yz450 those things are a blast to ride and you can ride them alot longer and not tire out as much.the 06and up yz450s have a softer bottom hit than other 450s but IMO the bike hits harder in the mid and up on the YZ and even more with an exhaust on it. back in 01 I had both the yz426 and the yz250f and I spent more time on the 250f not for lack of skill either I have been rideing and raceing for 25 yrs [500cc 2 strokes as well] The things are plain fun to ride.If I were you I would try a 250f for a few years then move up if you feel like it. And get the yamaha the engines are way more reliable than the other brands time bombs.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bakemono

Posted August 05, 2007 - 08:21 AM

Id agree to a 250F. 250Fs have great power (probably pretty close to a 400F) and are quite a bit lighter.

• Justin89

Posted August 05, 2007 - 09:09 AM

250f:thumbsup:

• crash83

Posted August 06, 2007 - 06:35 PM

id only buy a blue bike!
im really thinking i need to ride a newer 250f,i rode my buddies 01,,and 03 not bad but seemed you had to really scream them,sometime hard to do in the twisties woods.i love the look and feel of the bike.
this is how i ended up with the 400
thought i have to have this....
should bought the 250...lol
impulse buy

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.