450 oil change ?

4 replies to this topic
  • Appalachian DR

Posted August 04, 2007 - 06:48 AM

do you guys pull the screen behind the skid plate on every oil change? If not how often?

• gregwr450f

Posted August 05, 2007 - 02:29 AM

never

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MojaveThumper

Posted August 05, 2007 - 04:04 AM

Maybe every 4th oil change. Have yet to find anything in there. Wonder why yamaha even put it there, other than to aggrevate the owners.

• chrispy1202

Posted August 06, 2007 - 03:21 PM

I think they put the screen in there for people that don't do oil changes very often, and need something to catch the pieces of filter that fall apart. i change my oil every 500 km, change the filter every other oil change, and clean nothing out of the screen every fourth oil change.
Cheers
Chris.

• eissinger4

Posted August 07, 2007 - 06:55 PM

I was checking it every oil change and never found anything in it. Now I only check it MAYBE every ten oil changes. It's a giant P.I.T.A. to check, so I don't see the need to do it as often anymore.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.