'01 CR250 idle adjustment help

4 replies to this topic
  • mboule

Posted August 04, 2007 - 01:06 AM

Just got a 2001 CR250 and didn't get a manual with it. It starts easy and runs but won't idle, even after it's warmed up. The only adjustment screw I see on the carb is a small screw with a locknut. I tried backing out this screw but it didnt' seem to change anything. Any ideas?

• alex211

Posted August 05, 2007 - 08:42 AM

There should be a Idle screw on the carb. Also when you find it turn it in until the bike idles.

• skipn8r

Posted August 05, 2007 - 08:43 AM

(Assuming your carb is properly jetted to begin with...) The Mikuni idle adjustment screw has a lock nut - that's the one you found. To increase the idle speed, loosen the lock nut and turn the screw in. You may also need to adjust the air screw which is located just below and to the rear of the fuel inlet port.

• mboule

Posted August 05, 2007 - 12:45 PM

Thanks for the info, skipn8r. I'll check it out. BTW, the manaul has been ordered.

• mboule

Posted August 10, 2007 - 03:15 PM

I screww in that screw a few turns and it idles like a champ. Thanks again, skipn8r. Thumpertalk rocks!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

PWK carb.....to TPS or not to TPS....that is the question by sandy450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   Honda 2-Stroke
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Hondasaki? by braaaaaaaaaaaaap

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  92 replies
Forums
Photo

What should I get for my next bike? by JHodel20

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 20 replies
Forums
Photo

oil seals 1990 cr250 wont seat by allenbstoney

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

my 2 smoke is really smoking! by dirty_fun

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   Honda 2-Stroke
  • Hot  34 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.