the ttr 90 needs some more pep!

1 reply to this topic
  • midlifecrisis426

Posted February 28, 2002 - 01:08 PM

Thanks thumpertalkers for all the riding and mod tips ... the bike is much more fun with your help! Hey - anybody have any experience with the ttr 90 - the 426 goes much better with a few free modifications - does anybody know about the 90? Also, was at the local shop today thinking new exaust might add a little pep. The pro circuit system is $250, the FMF $150 - got prices up to $500! Why would I spend the extra $100 on the Pro Circuit or more for something else, how much difference can there be? The parts guy says surf the net and see if can get some feedback. I can't imagine a better place to ask the questions than thumpertalk! Thanks guys!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamaha.dude

Posted February 28, 2002 - 04:01 PM

Big Gun do one as well... adds a bit through the entire range... it is the only one I have seen over here... I was thinking of a mild cam grind for the son's bike... just a bit more duration... You are a bit limited in what you can change, you soon come up against the suspension limits... Try one needle clip leaner, that might give it a little more pull... I wonder how much flywheel weight could be trimmed off to get it revving a bit quicker...?

Let me know if you find anything else out...

When will Yamaha ever make a YZ65 - I would get one tomorrow... all I have is a high strung KTM or a Kwaka to choose from...

David

[ February 28, 2002: Message edited by: yamaha.dude ]

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.