James Dean Jettings ??????

1 reply to this topic
  • Gordon

Posted July 26, 2000 - 03:12 PM

I recieved my special order needle today it has a Yamaha nub of 5JG-14916-EP. Is this correct. I am in so CA running fire trails 3000 to 7000 ft, and at Glamis (sea level). I'm zy timed, power core iv2, (waiting for back ordered power bomb header). I beleive I'm running 185 main and 45 pilot I am running a zy needle cant remember which one. My point is my bike runs excellent and starts basicly on the first kick. I have never even looked at the spark plug let alone fouled it. So where would you recommend I start with the jets and clip position. Bike has a little over 1000 miles on it. Thanks for your help.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • James_Dean

Posted July 26, 2000 - 05:23 PM

gordon,
Yes, the part number is correct. Needle code - EKP
The best position for most configurations seems to be clip #3 (3rd from top) and about a #170 main jet( *** revise that to #165 based on latest feedback) depending mostly on temp and altitude. The clip positions I have heard of being used with the EKR range from #2 to #4 and I suspect the same for EKP.
James Dean

[This message has been edited by James Dean (edited 07-27-2000).]

[This message has been edited by James Dean (edited 07-31-2000).]

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.