Bent handlebars

7 replies to this topic
  • abby

Posted August 03, 2007 - 04:36 AM

I lost a battle with a birch tree and bent my stock bars (XR650R). I have DirtBikePro risers and Cycra pro-bends, and had the thing set up the way I wanted, so I am looking for replacement bars that are pretty close to the height and pullback of the stock bars.

Any idea which aftermarket bars are pretty much a drop in replacement for the stock bars?

I'm still researching, but I thought someone might know.

• Hondapimp

Posted November 01, 2010 - 02:19 PM

Im in a similar predicament.

• bigkuri

Posted November 01, 2010 - 02:37 PM

How bad are they? You can always bend them back? as long as no cracks in the metal...

• akarob

Posted November 01, 2010 - 06:11 PM

Moose has a nice line of 7/8 steel bars for cheap.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • scalejockey

Posted November 02, 2010 - 04:18 AM

If i recall the 'high bend CR' renthal is the same. Don't let the "high bend" name fool ya..There not that high.

• Memnok

Posted November 02, 2010 - 08:21 AM

I have a set of stock bars in the closet. Used by an old lady to drive to church on Sundays. :smirk: PM if you are interested and we can arrange a transaction. :excuseme:

• eastreich

Posted November 02, 2010 - 01:46 PM

You are pretty much hosed on trying to find a replica bend for the XR bars. Way more sweep (pullback) than a normal bar. The CR High bend bars are much flatter than a stock XR bend. Which honestly is probably not a bad thing for many people, but since you liked the stock bend that is probably not what you really want. I threw the stock bars on my 650 away as soon as I took my first one home in the spring of 2000.

Your best bet may be to use an ATV low bend if you want to find something with a similar pullback to the stock XR bars. Some places may still make a steel bar with an XR style bend, but I really am not sure. I wood look for something that says "Woods" bend (as in the terrain, not Nathan) and also check the mfg. specs for the bar with the most pullback.

Good luck!

• Denn10

Posted November 05, 2010 - 10:36 PM

i have 2 pair of Renthals in garage ill donate if someone donates the shipping??? dont know the bends but can look, email me at dennis_wagoner@hotmail.com

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.