2004 WR450, FMF factory 4 with insert - How loud?

4 replies to this topic
  • Lennie

Posted August 03, 2007 - 02:43 AM

Hello,

Im considering getting a FMF factory 4 exhaust with quiet insert for my 2004 WR450. The only other mod is a JD jetting kit and the usual derestrictions. Does anybody have a similar set and and know how loud it is?

Cheers

Lennie.

• Michigan DS

Posted August 03, 2007 - 09:05 AM

Here is the info for an 05, without a quiet insert and a link to many others.

Good Luck,

Doug

WR450F 2005 MC FMF q-series 97.2

http://ohv.parks.ca....iles/yamaha.pdf

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Lennie

Posted August 03, 2007 - 09:34 AM

Thanks

Great info. :thumbsup:

• xrmarty

Posted August 03, 2007 - 09:38 AM

I got the 4.1 carbon and it's not that loud at all. In fact it's alot quieter than my buddy's pro circuit pipe

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted August 05, 2007 - 10:41 AM

Hello,

Im considering getting a FMF factory 4 exhaust with quiet insert for my 2004 WR450. The only other mod is a JD jetting kit and the usual derestrictions. Does anybody have a similar set and and know how loud it is?

Cheers

Lennie.

I have an 05 wr 450 with factory 4 and powerbomb header. The throttle response and low end is noticeably improved.

without the silent insert, its a really obnoxious 103-104 minimum.

With the 96db insert and the quiet packing that FMF sells, I come in at about 96.6 or so. I get tested when I run enduros.

Its not too bad. You'll actually hear more noise from the engine than you will from the pipe. Don't let the sound sitting still at idle scare you. Its when you are moving at about 4500 rpms when it really matters. By then, you'll have great distance between you and anyone whose listening.

On the other hand, my stock pipe with the PMB insert blows anywhere from at 93.5 to a 94.5, depending on who's testing.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.