Fork coating

3 replies to this topic
  • mvm450

Posted August 02, 2007 - 05:05 PM

Thinking about getting front forks coated with that DLC black coating. Any thoughts, tips, or suggestions?

• bigbluerider4life

Posted August 02, 2007 - 05:09 PM

If you have the money to throw away :eek:...send em in to factory connection then post pics when you get them back along with a report :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SC_Spode

Posted August 02, 2007 - 05:13 PM

Thinking about getting front forks coated with that DLC black coating. Any thoughts, tips, or suggestions?

Check the thread about this in the suspension forum.

While I think there are much better ways to spend your money, if you have to do it I would find out if they are going to strip the chrome before applying the coating.
The forks are designed to work with certain tolerances and if the coating is just layed on top of the chrome you could end up with sticky forks - just the opposite of what you want - due to too tight tolerances.
I've seen it happen.
It depends on the thickness of the coating.

:cheers:

• 642MX

Posted August 02, 2007 - 05:27 PM

I think the black coating looks cool. But at my skill level, its probably a waste of money.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.