De-Octopusing

3 replies to this topic
  • Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted July 24, 2000 - 09:11 PM

A couple of questions I haven't seen addressed in other posts about the 'octopus'.

1. Is there any kind of torque spec or something for tightening the Bolt (link lever) - '99 WR manual,pg 4-9 Item #12?

2. Did you install washers under the nuts that held the octopus bracket? If yes, what style/size?

Brian

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted July 25, 2000 - 01:53 AM

Originally posted by Brian Meadows:
A couple of questions I haven't seen addressed in other posts about the 'octopus'.

1. Is there any kind of torque spec or something for tightening the Bolt (link lever) - '99 WR manual,pg 4-9 Item #12?

2. Did you install washers under the nuts that held the octopus bracket? If yes, what style/size?

Brian

Brian,
I did not use a torque wrench for my octopus removal. Just avoid star torque (torque until you see stars) or breakaway torque (torque until the nut spins free). As for the bracket, I re-used my bracket. It would clean up the appearance even more to remove it, I just didn't have the hardware at the time to do it. Quite honestly, I haven't even looked at it since.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Airman11783

Posted November 25, 2005 - 09:53 AM

i have a 2000 wr I've heard people mention it a million times but what do you do to de octopus. In detail. I ve done everything i can but cant get any info on how to de octopus. and what are the advantages of deoctuping?

• Brettv

Posted November 25, 2005 - 11:10 PM

http://www.thumperta...85&parentpage=3

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.