Anybody Know Anything About Snowmobiles?

2 replies to this topic
  • ray_lebreton

Posted July 24, 2000 - 08:39 PM

Up here in CAnada we get a lot of snow and i was wondering if anybody out there knew anything about snowmobiles? i found a smoking deal on a new 98' yamaha mountain max 700. has anybody heard of these snowmobiles? are they any good? I heard they have as much as 120hp :) any information would be helpfull.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 25, 2000 - 06:59 AM

It's a heavy beast. Just don't get it stuck in deep powder unless you want a good shoulder workout. Haven't riden that Yamaha in particular very much, but it is very fast in a straight drag. I prefer lighter/smaller sleds with long tracks just because of where and how I like to ride.

• ScottyR

Posted July 25, 2000 - 08:37 AM

What model of 700 is it? Mountain Max 700 single pipe or Mountain SRX? The SRX is a heavy pig that wasnt any good in the deep snow. The older Yamaha Mountain Maxes werent the best deep snow sleds compared to the competition but if you were buying it cheap enough then it would be OK. The newer ones are alot better sleds. How cheap is it? No, I dont want to buy it or anything, I have an Polaris XCR800 with HTG pipes.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.