Can I cut the stock throttle stop

10 replies to this topic
  • farmrider

Posted August 02, 2007 - 03:09 PM

I looked but couldnt find the length to cut the stock throttle stop.

THANKS

• JSanfilippo

Posted August 02, 2007 - 03:24 PM

23.5 mm.

Measure and take a dremel to it. Its like a hot knife cutting through butter (kinda)

http://www.pbase.com.../image/40834257

the red X was supposed to be the pick of the WR and YZ throttle stops. go to JDjetting.com and search the YZ and WR pics.

• ccoates445

Posted August 02, 2007 - 06:36 PM

or just get a yz stop

• xrmarty

Posted August 02, 2007 - 09:48 PM

or just get a yz stop

+1 on that. It comes with the AIS removal kit which also includes all the jets you need

• FastRides

Posted August 02, 2007 - 10:19 PM

23.5 mm.

the red X was supposed to be the pick of the WR and YZ throttle stops. go to JDjetting.com and search the YZ and WR pics.

Hey fellas - similar thread with a pic of both stops. MG
http://www.thumperta...f Throttle stop

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • markturbo

Posted August 03, 2007 - 03:30 AM

Posted Image

• ARin

Posted August 03, 2007 - 09:54 AM

please be careful with cutting the stop.

too short and the carb gate can get stuck wide open. Could be disastrous. measure twice, cut once.

• Gandalf_WR450

Posted August 03, 2007 - 12:14 PM

Finally, I had posted following months ago and got no response-

Went to replace my throttle stop with the5JG-14591-00, found the existing stop had been cut to 11/16" (17.5mm) almost as if someone recut the already shortened stop again. I replaced it with the 15/16" (24mm) stop.
I have read all FAQ's on subject and they often link to the WR250 mod instructions. Can anyone confirm that the 24mm is the correct length for the modified throttle stop on the 03 WR450?
Thanks for the pic!

• Fullbore4

Posted August 03, 2007 - 12:40 PM

please be careful with cutting the stop.

too short and the carb gate can get stuck wide open. Could be disastrous. measure twice, cut once.

I agree......the stop doesn't even have to be as short as the YZ because the slide opens wider than "wide open" anyway. Hence my stop is slightly longer than the yz because I don't want to take a chance of sticking the throttle wide open and I don't want excessive cable wear.

• bobg450

Posted August 04, 2007 - 08:25 AM

cut 10 mm off mine using a 10 mm wrench as a measuring device. could have taken another 1-2 mm off, but am satisfied with results.

• taylorworld

Posted August 05, 2007 - 07:53 AM

you didnt look hard enough big daddy! and you guys..please dont measure the overall lenght of screws!!!! its the threaded part only from the underside of the head.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=465903

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.