Is $2975 a deal for this '03 450F?

5 replies to this topic
  • DGXR

Posted August 02, 2007 - 01:07 PM

My abilities have improved a lot and I'm looking to upgrade but don't know if this is a good deal and worth taking a look at. KBB.com says a stock example in excellent condition is worth $2965. Let me know what you think. Thanks

http://www.thumperta...t=27936&cat=all

• nap__kxf

Posted August 02, 2007 - 01:14 PM

seems like a fairly good deal for the bike, but find out how many hours it has and if hes rebuilt the motor at all. if the motor has been rebuilt atleast once than thats a sign that the bike has been riden hard...but with all of those goodies it comes with it seems pretty good to me. might want to check the local cycle trader to see how much the 03's are going for though...

• FeliX 450

Posted August 02, 2007 - 04:26 PM

Sounds good to me, but nap kxf is right about the engine. PM the seller and ask him about it. All the aftermarket parts sound good and its not a bad deal, but i'm sure you could get it down to about $2700 :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bigwake

Posted August 02, 2007 - 04:38 PM

hmm..sounds pretty good compared to what i've seen..i got my 03 for $1600..plus a stand..and 2 sets of new tires..owners manual..and 2 quarts of oil..but had to buy radiators for $200..becuz they wer torked..not leaking though..i couldn't be happier with my 03!

• bigwake

Posted August 02, 2007 - 04:40 PM

ohh..woops..that guy is asking how to fix his new clutch he put in that bike..so i dont know if its a deal..look at his thread he has currently..

• bigbluerider4life

Posted August 02, 2007 - 05:14 PM

if you get a clean report of maintenance you should jump all over that bike :thumbsup:

title, owners manual, and original triangle stand are great signs :applause:
and the bike sounds tricked out with goodies and a great upkeep of wear parts were mentioned such as bearings,tires,and new chain/sprockets

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.