seat foam

ok, Im really not sure if this is the right forum for it, so sorry in advance!!!

but does anyone have any chunks of foam they dont need anymore? I want a seat hump very much like the one ryan villopoto uses, and would like to just use the stock cover and just glue a piece on, but Im having a really hard time finding some, and dont really wanna buy a whole seat foam for a little chunk. so if anybody has some scraps, or an old foam, would you be willing to sell it for cheap? again, sorry if this is in the wrong forums, or wrong to be in the forums at all. thanks.

I think they use a latex foam for dirtbike seats, which I think is waterproof or water resistant. I don't think it'll really matter what type of foam you use, any foam should do the job but it'll probably need to be fairly firm. I'm pretty sure they were just using a piece of a cross-bar(handlebar) pad foam stuck under the seat cover for Villipoto's bike, not sure if that's still the case. Some of that "camping matress" foam rolled up should do the job for you, they're fairly cheap to buy. Over here in Oz, I go to a place called Clarke rubber, they have all sorts of foam, you might have a similar shop over there. You can get that camping mattress type foam up to about 100mm thick!

Have you fitted a seat cover before? If not, you'll need a heavy duty stapler. Staple the front and back first, then use a heat gun(a hair dryer should work too) to soften the cover, then staple the middle section on each side, then do the rest.

Be careful about what glue you use too, some glues will eat the foam. I've used a glue called "liquid nails", it doesn't dissolve the foam, and I've also been told that contact glue is ok to use(haven't tried that yet).

Ive seen somewhere where a person used gorilla glue. I seen.....I believe in trans word mx that showed how to make a step seat by just cutting a slice of foam from the stock seat where you set and glue that piece on the rear part of the seat........Also I might add that do yall thick you could use temperpedic foam?......Now that would be a comfortable ride!

liquid nails as in the stuff that comes in caulking tubes?

Yep, that's the stuff. I reckon you can get a small amount in a squeeze tube too. It's not real flexible but it glues the foam together well; it does the job. Contact glue would be more flexible, but I'm not sure if it dissolves the foam at all. The gorilla glue, as Captainknobby mentioned, might be the go.