YZ pipe

4 replies to this topic
  • Gil

Posted July 23, 2000 - 09:14 PM

I'm interested in buying the YZ400 pipe that Chris in the Mojave is selling, does anyone know if it will fit my '00 WR?

Thanks, Gil

• GB

Posted July 23, 2000 - 02:57 PM

I can't be sure about the 2000 WR, however I have a stock YZ pipe on my 99 model. I fits straight on and was a huge improvement over the standard Australian model WR muffler which has no removable baffle. I had to have the bike re jetted to suit the new muffler. You will need to buy a longer bolt for the rear mount, together with the special rubber grommet and a large washer.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mcarp

Posted July 23, 2000 - 05:04 PM

A '99 YZ pipe will fit the '00 WR. Just need the longer bolt, grommet, and washer. Fit's perfectly.

• Gil

Posted July 23, 2000 - 06:19 PM

Thanks guys, but I forgot to mention, his pipe is from a '98 YZ, would it be the same as a '99?

• So_Cal_Erik

Posted July 23, 2000 - 09:56 PM

Yes it's the same.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.