Cycra 2.9 for wr?

7 replies to this topic
  • Bryan Bosch

Posted July 21, 2000 - 06:25 PM

Does Cycra make their 2.9 gal tank for the wr?

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted July 21, 2000 - 06:38 PM

The only bike I have seen one listed for is a YZ250. That doesn't mean one doesn't exist though.

------------------
99 WR, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat, jetting by Clark, got forked by Pro Action, WAITING IMPATIENTLY FOR MOAB!!
AMA, NETRA

• Hick

Posted July 24, 2000 - 05:41 AM

Originally posted by Kevin in New Hampshire:
The only bike I have seen one listed for is a YZ250. That doesn't mean one doesn't exist though.

Cycra does not make tanks for YZFs, only for 125/250s. I asked and a YZF model was not immediately in the works.

• Bryan Bosch

Posted July 24, 2000 - 07:01 AM

Bummer. I'd don't need and oversized tank. However; the stock YZF tank is just too small. I wonder why nobody makes something in the middle?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hick

Posted July 24, 2000 - 08:47 AM

Originally posted by Bryan Bosch:
Bummer. I'd don't need and oversized tank. However; the stock YZF tank is just too small. I wonder why nobody makes something in the middle?

That is the same reason I called Cycra too. Also, an issue of Dirt Bike or MXA on building the ultimate off-road YZ/WR mistakenly listed Cycra as being a manufacturuer of tanks for the YZF/WR.

I don't know what type of bikes you are used to but YZ has more cap. than any new 250 I am aware of (most/all are less than 2 gal.) Plus, YZF gets much better mileage. Fifty miles is pretty good range for a stock tank.

I was finally sold on an IMS 3.3 gal after I rode a friend's 400 with one. They look pretty invasive but I didn't notice any difference when riding with one.

The molds used in tank production are very expensive, I imagine this is why more sizes are not readily available.

• Bryan Bosch

Posted July 24, 2000 - 08:54 AM

I've always ridden XR's before my WR. The stock tank was 2.4 gal. and I could get 75-80 miles. My typical day is 35-50. I just don't want to cut things too close with the stock 2.1.

• Hick

Posted July 24, 2000 - 10:45 AM

I remember seeing an add or magazine test on a small auxilary tank for YZFs that mounted inside the left side panel (opposite the silencer).

Unfortunately I don't remember who made it...

Anyone?

• James_Dean

Posted July 24, 2000 - 05:06 PM

A-Loop YZF Saddle Tank. 1-gallon carried in place of the left side number plate. The YZ doesn't have the radiator reservoir tank there so it fits in it's place.
A-Loop #(303)791-0035 :)
James Dean

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.