Aluminum frame cleaning

27 replies to this topic
  • grayracer513

Posted August 04, 2007 - 07:31 AM

.... and then all of a sudden you're GOD in the pits.....

Of course, at that point, it's a good idea to "discover" a mechanical problem so as not to ride in front of them and blow your mystique. :smirk:

• J_mad18

Posted August 04, 2007 - 08:52 AM

go to auto zone or what ever you have and look for mothers aluminum and mag polish its in a little can thats white

• Polar_Bus

Posted August 05, 2007 - 03:25 AM

go to auto zone or what ever you have and look for mothers aluminum and mag polish its in a little can thats white

Mothers polish is just that a polish. Polishing a YZ frame to a deep shine is a total waste of time, it will look like crap after every ride from boot wear...

• treygreen

Posted August 05, 2007 - 10:48 AM

^^^^^^ very true but it sure does look pretty after you do it again^^^^

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted August 05, 2007 - 10:58 AM

Of course, at that point, it's a good idea to "discover" a mechanical problem so as not to ride in front of them and blow your mystique. :smirk:

too funny......but so true....

• J_mad18

Posted August 05, 2007 - 05:04 PM

Mothers polish is just that a polish. Polishing a YZ frame to a deep shine is a total waste of time, it will look like crap after every ride from boot wear...

Shut down:banghead:

• Twig323

Posted August 07, 2007 - 09:27 AM

I disagree, I see how you could think this, but until you have done it you wouldnt know. Take a look at my frame i polished it with mothers when i had my wrist surgery cuz i was bored. Very easy to maintain only takes a little bit of polishing every few rides. I see it as a mechanical advantage. I take so much time washing and cleaning my bike that I notice things that need to be fixed and repaired. Unlike people who dont do proper maintenance.

• InHumanForm

Posted August 18, 2008 - 12:39 AM

Posted Image

where can i get this in south africa?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.