Barnette clutch

5 replies to this topic
  • runester

Posted August 02, 2007 - 09:07 AM

Hey,
Just want opinions on the carbon fiber barnette clutch w/springs for my 07 yz450...I have had problems w/springs in other bikes w/other kits.

Anyone using the barnette and if so how do you like it?
Thanks!
Rune

• matts06yzf

Posted August 02, 2007 - 09:12 AM

I did hinson inner hub and barnett plates, etc. I have been happy so far with zero problems my stockers went quick. But I have a problem riding it like my old 2 smokes:thumbsup:

• runester

Posted August 02, 2007 - 09:14 AM

I did hinson inner hub and barnett plates, etc. I have been happy so far with zero problems my stockers went quick. But I have a problem riding it like my old 2 smokes:thumbsup:

Problem riding it?
You mean feathering alot?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • matts06yzf

Posted August 03, 2007 - 07:35 AM

Yes I feather it like the kinky little whore she is

• Prggl

Posted August 03, 2007 - 07:54 AM

I have been using Barnett Parts for years and always had good results. I recomend a good oil in the clutch. I have also been using Amsoil for years with excellent results. My 2 cents

• runester

Posted August 03, 2007 - 09:28 AM

Yea, I go amsoil 10/40 (preffered customer member, great prices!!!)And started using 2twocool, got the tip from mountainman and then noticed that Ty Davis and zip ty racers use it so thought I'd try it, reason being is I noticed some real slight clutch slipage when I ran it hard and long, two cool works!!!!!As for the barnette clutch I just found one (full carbon fiber kit) on ebay for 35 bucks and figured for that price I give it a shot .
Thanks for the replies....

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.