A jetting question 4 Mr Dean

2 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 21, 2000 - 02:59 AM

Hi James,
I have bought a EKP needle and was wondering about jetting?
My bike is as follows:
98'WR YZ timed,
air box lid removed,
CRD exhaust (approx 41hp @ 92-3dbls)
mainly sea level in England (so cold air most of the time) at present i run a DVP needle, 48 pilot, 175-180 main, 2 turns on pilot screw
The present set-up works great (thanks Clark) but after reading your post on the EKP needle, i got excited as i ride mainly woods and more boost in the mid power range sounds great. Any help much appreciated. Thanx

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • James_Dean

Posted July 21, 2000 - 06:09 PM

Try the EKP needle in the 3rd clip with a #165 to #170 main. The exhaust looks to be quiet at 92-3dbls, is this very restrictive? Were you using clip #3 or #4 with the DVP? Your results would be helpful. I'll try to keep track of all the feedback.
James Dean

[This message has been edited by James Dean (edited 07-21-2000).]

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 24, 2000 - 12:37 AM

Hi James
I tried the EKP needle this weekend with a 172 main ( i had the jet already) there was most definitly an increase in the mid range, pulling a higher gear seemed alot less work for the bike 'more torque great'...I've ordered a 170 main aswell so i'll try it next weekend at a hair & hounds race.
As for the exhaust, well I guess it doesn't flow as much as DSP, Biggun etc, but here in England they are very strick on soundlevels (94dbls), the CRD unit is a french exhaust designed for the YZ/WR and improves power over the WR without baffle. crd-international.com
they also do a titanium SX tapered system which only puts out 98dbls.
As for the DVP needle i had it on the 4th clip.

James thanks for all your pearls of carb' wisdom.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.