01 yzf426 Storage Questions

so i'm in the military and i'm going tdy for 2 months. my question is...are there any specific steps i should accomplish before storing my 426? it will not be touched at all for 2 months straight while i'm gone. and i wanna be able to come home and not have it be all gummed up or something. thanks in advance!

anyone got anything else??

Yes, make sure you "back the bike off"

In other words put it in 2nd gear, and roll the bike backwards until it stops, this will be at the compression stroke and that way you will leave the engine in a relaxed position with all valve springs fully extended (closed).

This will give your valve springs a break, it will also not let any kaka in either the intake or exhaust ports while stored.

P.S. how come my fuel gauge meter under my name never gets any fuller? I have been around forever and the thing never goes up?

• Like 1

P.S. how come my fuel gauge meter under my name never gets any fuller? I have been around forever and the thing never goes up?

Obviously you've never been to the TT gas station to fill up! ?

You're fuller than me, and you're only a few months ahead of me. I haven't made as many posts as you though, I'm not sure how that fuel gauge works.:excuseme: Maybe our TT carby's need a rebuild, or maybe our fuel line's have a leak?