Twin Air Bio

13 replies to this topic
  • letter

Posted August 02, 2007 - 04:58 AM

Has anyone used the Twin Air Bio system? Is the Twin Air Bio oil real tacky or not and does it filter as good as other oils, like Maxima FFT?

• Yamahafan

Posted August 02, 2007 - 05:58 AM

Just apply the oil once without rubber gloves and you will see how tacky it is. I have never used Maxima because I started using Twin Air first. I never see any dust in my air boot. The filters are very easy to clean in hot water and Oxy clean powder. I won't use anything else.

• almostinvincible119

Posted August 02, 2007 - 09:17 AM

Use No-Toil, the filters have WARRANTIES and the shits cheap. Theres nothing that beats it.

• rickallen124

Posted August 02, 2007 - 02:57 PM

The twin air bio system works really well. I've found that you need to let it set up over night so its tacked up well before you ride. You also have to shake the can well to make sure that the alcohol and oil get mixed well. Once you do this it works really well and is easy to clean with soap, no harsh chemicals. It's what suzuki and honda teams are running, they probably just have a few dozen pre-oiled filters in their rigs.

• letter

Posted August 02, 2007 - 03:54 PM

Thanks for the replies.

• ben_suhard

Posted August 02, 2007 - 11:11 PM

The twin air bio system works really well. It's what suzuki and honda teams are running, they probably just have a few dozen pre-oiled filters in their rigs.

Which teams are they? I was asking about No-toil at my local shop, and the bloke was saying that the Twin-air is just as good. I thought he was just talking about the chemical stuff, I didn't realise Twin-air made Bio-degradable stuff too, I'd never heard of it. I'm interested in trying some.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted August 03, 2007 - 01:41 PM

Well I have been useing NO-TOIL for five years now and some of the filters I have that are NO-TOIL filters are about three years old and have been washed probally 50 times before they became wore out. As for how easy they are to clean the NO-TOIL oil is easy to come out of the filters with the NO-TOIL cleaner,all I do is use a 1/4 cup of cleaner and fill the sink with about 2 inches of water and put the filter in the water and agitate the filter.....Man it is easy to clean!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • almostinvincible119

Posted August 03, 2007 - 08:36 PM

Which teams are they? I was asking about No-toil at my local shop, and the bloke was saying that the Twin-air is just as good. I thought he was just talking about the chemical stuff, I didn't realise Twin-air made Bio-degradable stuff too, I'd never heard of it. I'm interested in trying some.

yeh, but twin-air's 35 dollar filter vs. no-toil's 10 dollar filter which is even better in my book

• rickallen124

Posted August 03, 2007 - 08:48 PM

You can get twin air filters for $22 if you look around and the twin air filters do last very long. I like mine and I really like the twin air bio oil and soap.

• grayracer513

Posted August 03, 2007 - 09:11 PM

You can get twin air filters for $22 if you look around and the twin air filters do last very long. I like mine and I really like the twin air bio oil and soap.

I bought mine from Amsoil using my preferred customer status. I believe it was $23 each.

I've seen the No Toil filters. They don't appear to me to be the equal of Twin Airs.

• almostinvincible119

Posted August 04, 2007 - 01:14 PM

You cant get the pre-oiled bio filters for 22 bucks retail. i was sponsored by TwinAir last year and i got them for 12 bucks, but they kept falling apart. They really reminded me of the ReadyFilters. Pure POS.

• grayracer513

Posted August 04, 2007 - 02:18 PM

I'm talking about just the non-oiled, Twin Air filter. They're the same as the filters sold pre-oiled. I've used them before, and never had any more trouble with them falling apart than any other good grade of filter. :excuseme:

• 07YZ450F

Posted August 05, 2007 - 08:47 PM

i use twinair filters and no-toil filter oil and cleaner and it works great for me. no-toil filter oil is unbelievably easy to clean with the no-toil clean, i just set my filter in the bucket with the cleaner and it pretty much cleaned itself. all i had to do was wring out the dirty water and run it through warm clean water and let it dry.

• rickallen124

Posted August 05, 2007 - 08:54 PM

almostinvincible, what are you cleaning your filters with? I ask because my twin air filters last as long or longer than anything else when properly cleaned and oiled. Some solvents will destroy any air filter in a few cleanings.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.