'03 WR450F Grey wire mod

3 replies to this topic
  • bobg450

Posted August 01, 2007 - 09:36 PM

Anyone ever consider a handlebar mounted switch to make and break the grey wire we all disconnected to make our WR450's run better? Kinda like the dual program CDI units out there that are actually using the stock ignition map and one of eight other programs that it comes with. I'd like the option to "tame the beast" a little in the tight, technical stuff rather than deal with the big bottom end hit that the uncorked WR450 is famous for. Also, I'm a little concerned with changing input to the CDI from the TPS with the engine running. Any thoughts out there? Any other ways to soften the bottom end hit a little?

• Mutu

Posted August 02, 2007 - 12:26 AM

You have to stop then restart the engine for the switch to have an effect.
Just leave it disconnected, it doesn't make that much of a difference anyway.

Ways to soften the hit (I thought it was soft off bottom????):
Give it taller gearing like going one more tooth larger on the front.
Just buy a vortex ignition and be done with it. Leo Vince has one out now with 3 settings.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bobg450

Posted August 02, 2007 - 11:49 AM

Thanks MUTU
Went one tooth smaller up front for a lower 1st. That just aggravated the "hit". The newer WR's have a smoother delivery. Thanks for the help

• Mutu

Posted August 02, 2007 - 06:31 PM

Thanks MUTU
Went one tooth smaller up front for a lower 1st. That just aggravated the "hit".

Give it taller gearing like going one more tooth larger on the front.

:lol: Going smaller on the front tends to do that!!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.