Headlight Replacement

26 replies to this topic
  • wr450doug

Posted August 06, 2007 - 06:44 PM

I hate the look of the stock light! Your light looks way better. Where did you get those lights?

• bicyclebob

Posted August 07, 2007 - 07:47 PM

I picked these up at GI Joes (sports & auto parts store). I took the housing in and found a set of lights that matched the opening. Had to use a little flat aluminum bar stock to make the bracket but nothing to elaborate. I can send you a couple of pics of the back if you like.

• wr450doug

Posted August 08, 2007 - 04:50 PM

Yes I would like to see your pics. I did find lights that looked like yours. They were fog lights, but they had 55 watt bulbs. Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bicyclebob

Posted August 13, 2007 - 09:29 PM

Quick update. You cannot run two 55 watt lamps on the stock stator. Dead battery in about 20 minutes. I will post the other pics tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

• Tbone81

Posted September 06, 2007 - 10:21 AM

Could you post the pictures here? What bulbs are you useing? Thanks

• Woodshop

Posted September 10, 2007 - 09:20 PM

Might be a little late but heres what I run http://s181.photobuc...=Picture118.jpg
screen with plexi glass behind ,mounted 1/2 inch away from lens with rubber tubing:thumbsup:

• aussiefletch

Posted September 20, 2007 - 03:45 AM

No. A "mil" is .001". 40 mil is .040"

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :worthy:

come again.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.