I WANT TO GO FASTER!!!

5 replies to this topic
  • 2000WR400

Posted July 19, 2000 - 01:28 PM

My bike has surprisingly gottin to be not fast enough for me. When I first got the bike I thought it would always be to much bike for me, well its not, I want to go faster. I have cut the throttle stop, removed the baffle and
air box cover, put in a uni-filter, went to a 52t rear sprocket, put full synthetic in, renthal non-o-ring chain{less drag}. It runs damn strong but what can I do to give it a bit more power all threw the rpms?

• Mitch_from_Oz

Posted July 19, 2000 - 01:32 PM

So, tell me, have you been reading the posts? :)

Well,there are many things to do (I am assuming you are refering to the engine) and they are:
- New Pipe
- DSP Airbox + velocity stack

Other non-motor related mods:
- Suspension
- Steering damper

I hope this helps. Trust me on the airbox, makes a huge difference

Mitch

• fershy

Posted July 19, 2000 - 03:02 PM

You want your bike to go faster?
Try changing the 52T sproket with a 48. That ought to make it way faster! :)
fershy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • James_Dean

Posted July 20, 2000 - 11:49 AM

Try one of the opional YZ426 carb needles EKQ or EKP (5JG-14916-E1 or EP). Clip #3 from top to start with. They will richen the fuel mixture at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle. Minimal change will be noticed down low. See the posting "YZ426 Jetting Boosts YZ/WR400 Midrange Power".
James Dean

[This message has been edited by James Dean (edited 07-20-2000).]

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted July 20, 2000 - 01:01 PM

I (think) I am in negotiations with FMF on the DSP airbox. I hope to hear something SOON from their sales department!!

------------------
99 WR, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat, jetting by Clark, got forked by Pro Action, WAITING IMPATIENTLY FOR MOAB!!
AMA, NETRA

• Taffy

Posted July 20, 2000 - 09:07 PM

Kev

has anyone ever mentioned how cheap carbon fibre is. the mark up at $500 is absolutely huge i'm sure. go nail em kev!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.