Handlebars need to be raised for my 06

6 replies to this topic
  • CaptainKnobby

Posted August 01, 2007 - 05:00 PM

Hey TT'ers!....On my 06 450 the handlebars seem to be to low and I would like to raise them up some but I cant seem to find the way to do it. I have a Tag revolution upper triple clamp that is for the oversize handlebars 1-1/8. I cant see a way to raise the bar height,.......the bar height right now seems to be a little low for my likeings and would like to raise them a bit. Does anyone know how I can?......BTW the revolution clamp dont have the single clamps to hold the bars....it has the T-Bone style clamp with rubber cussions on the bottom of the clamp base.

• CRF250dude26

Posted August 01, 2007 - 05:31 PM

Hey TT'ers!....On my 06 450 the handlebars seem to be to low and I would like to raise them up some but I cant seem to find the way to do it. I have a Tag revolution upper triple clamp that is for the oversize handlebars 1-1/8. I cant see a way to raise the bar height,.......the bar height right now seems to be a little low for my likeings and would like to raise them a bit. Does anyone know how I can?......BTW the revolution clamp dont have the single clamps to hold the bars....it has the T-Bone style clamp with rubber cussions on the bottom of the clamp base.

You need bars that have a taller bend, or new clamps that are risers. I am 6'1 and I like the windam pro tapers, or the renthal 971's.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted August 01, 2007 - 05:35 PM

Which bend would it be for the tag series handlebars.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cowboyona426

Posted August 01, 2007 - 06:34 PM

Go back to the stock clamp, Windham Pro Tapers, and 10mm risers from Coopsvintageyz.

• UnBubba

Posted August 01, 2007 - 06:38 PM

1. Look on tag's website.
2. Look on protaper's website.
3. Compare specifications.
4. See if there is a match for the Windham bend on the Tag website.
5. Buy Tag handlebars if close match is found.
6. Install handlebars.
7. Start bike.
8. Ride bike.:ride:

• Ranger18

Posted August 02, 2007 - 07:18 AM

^^^ or just buy the protaper windham bends. The protapers are excellent bars. By the way, I'm 6-3 and run the windham bends with stock clamps.
Also the stock 06 clamps are made for 1-1/8 bars, so why the change to the tag clamps?

• matts06yzf

Posted August 02, 2007 - 09:14 AM

Im 6'4 and use windham bends good shit:ride:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.