Got some moose foot pegs

13 replies to this topic
  • Huffa 2

Posted August 01, 2007 - 12:58 PM

Always like to report my findings with a new product so here ya go .........

Had to put in vise to squeeze the brackets just a hair, not even a milimeter probably, so I could use a washer with cotter pin, otherwise the pin would not slide through.

Now the other pegs look so wimpy, Moose's are almost double the width.

I love the chrome finish they put around the outside of peg, looks nice.

Very cool teeth too, mucho machining must go into them to do that.

I got them here, but the price went up :eek: 15 bucks since I got them :excuseme:

They don't list the XRL though, you must call for them.

http://www.cyclegear...110_G&tier2=145

Posted Image

Posted Image

• XR650L_Dave

Posted August 01, 2007 - 01:51 PM

My pegs are so bent, I wonder if the moose ones would have bent, or broke?

Dave

• japcraprider100

Posted August 01, 2007 - 01:54 PM

wow twice the size... nice pegs man... the crome may look cool but will wear off after somre hard rocke trees and bushes!:bonk:

• Huffa 2

Posted August 01, 2007 - 02:09 PM

wow twice the size... nice pegs man... the crome may look cool but will wear off after somre hard rocke trees and bushes!:bonk:

I doubt that very much but I'm mostly a road goer, so it doesn't concern me.

Trees and and bushes, you meet up with them often ? :lol:

• pwrpapa

Posted August 01, 2007 - 02:11 PM

I have the IMS pegs on my 650R, I wish I would have got the moose one's now after looking at yours.

• Huffa 2

Posted August 01, 2007 - 02:12 PM

My pegs are so bent, I wonder if the moose ones would have bent, or broke?

Dave

THAT'S WHAT I CAN DO..........give you my stock pegs, I'm never going to use them again. :thumbsup:

Only thing you must do is wash your bike and post a pic of it clean. :applause:

WOW Dave, you almost have a 1/2 tank of gas! I just learned what that meant today.

• Denn10

Posted August 01, 2007 - 02:16 PM

i got the XRs pegs and there very similar to those they sure to make a big difference i like them alot.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Huffa 2

Posted August 01, 2007 - 02:17 PM

I have the IMS pegs on my 650R, I wish I would have got the moose one's now after looking at yours.

Yea, I looked at every peg made I think and loved them the minute I saw them.

Weird, everywhere I looked they were 85 bucks I think or darn close to it, then stumbled on cyclegear for 70 bucks, now they are up to 85 bucks. I must have been the one to make them realize :bonk: they were posting the wrong price .

• Huffa 2

Posted August 01, 2007 - 02:20 PM

i got the XRs pegs and there very similar to those they sure to make a big difference i like them alot.

It's almost like having floor boards now :lol: .....well not quite .

The right peg bracket seems to stick out just a bit farther then it should, I think so anyway, looks a little odd :excuseme:

• XR650L_Dave

Posted August 01, 2007 - 03:01 PM

THAT'S WHAT I CAN DO..........give you my stock pegs, I'm never going to use them again. :thumbsup:

Only thing you must do is wash your bike and post a pic of it clean. :applause:

WOW Dave, you almost have a 1/2 tank of gas! I just learned what that meant today.

If you give me your stockers, and hseamans (fellow you met at The Facility) does as well, I will cut one set in 1/2 and weld them to the others, and make my own 4-row wide pegs (saw someone do that, it turned out pretty sweet).

Dave

• Huffa 2

Posted August 01, 2007 - 03:16 PM

If you give me your stockers, and hseamans (fellow you met at The Facility) does as well, I will cut one set in 1/2 and weld them to the others, and make my own 4-row wide pegs (saw someone do that, it turned out pretty sweet).

Dave

I'll send them on out, will PM you if I don't have your address but I think I still do, I usually save them.

Probably they are in my PM's yet.

• xr650l bum

Posted August 01, 2007 - 04:32 PM

Nice pegs. I have the IMS pegs now and will be upgrading to the powerpegz pivoting pegs. I have been on the waiting/wanting list since Jan ( bummer ). They are just manufacturing for the XR.

• Huffa 2

Posted August 01, 2007 - 04:41 PM

Nice pegs. I have the IMS pegs now and will be upgrading to the powerpegz pivoting pegs. I have been on the waiting/wanting list since Jan ( bummer ). They are just manufacturing for the XR.

Since JAN! That's a long wait !

I read about those a while back unless it was another company ?

How much are they ?

• goblin127

Posted August 01, 2007 - 08:12 PM

I've got a set of tusk on now,like im alot. I don't think they cost more than 50 bucks. They are polished stainless and big. I think some thing else will give before they do. Not good!

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.