SC, NC, GA riders...

6 replies to this topic
  • Stumpy

Posted February 28, 2002 - 03:41 AM

If anybody is interested, we've got a group going to Manchester State Forest in Sumter, SC on Sunday. Just thought I'd put the word out...

• cetris

Posted February 28, 2002 - 04:17 AM

I am in Charlotte- how far is that from Charlotte, do you know? Do you know of any info on the web- maps, trail info, etc? I would like to try it out sometime if it isn't too far, but I don't know about this weekend. It is suppose to rain all day Saturday and Sunday I think.

• Ga426owner

Posted February 28, 2002 - 05:02 AM

Stumpy, thanks for the invite. Is there a website for this place? What type of terrain is it?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YAMAKAZE

Posted February 28, 2002 - 11:23 AM

Hey.....It might be on your way to Hilton Head...

Bonzai :)

• Stumpy

Posted March 01, 2002 - 09:37 AM

http://www.state.sc....orest/motor.htm
http://www.scohv.org/
the first link is to Manchester State Forest trail info and the second link is to the South Carolina Off Road Enthusiasts homepage. It has all the info about the SC trails and tracks. They are having a workday this saturday, so sunday ought to be perfect... weather permitting, of course.

• Herkypilot

Posted March 03, 2002 - 05:04 PM

Well I would have been interested but I had to work this weekend. Did you guys get rained out? I'm sure it was soggy out their. Maybe next time.

Herkypilot

• Stumpy

Posted March 04, 2002 - 08:22 AM

well y'all missed a great ride. The sand soaked up all of the rain we had on Saturday to provide as close to perfect dirt conditions as possible. No standing water, but we did get rained on a little bit throughout the day. The whoops were really bad, though. One of the loops has a lot of long, high speed, sandy straightaways and it hasn't been groomed in a long time. I put in about 60 miles when it was all over. I'll let y'all know when we will be going back again.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.