Assimilated technology

4 replies to this topic
  • HGaither

Posted July 17, 2000 - 12:44 PM

Has anyone besides me noticed that the KTM company seems to buy out other companies just to rob their technology and then offer them for sale? I know thats business but I'm glad that Yamaha doesn't have to resort to those kinds of tactics.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 17, 2000 - 06:26 PM

Resistance is futile HGaither...You will be assimilated.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Taffy

Posted July 18, 2000 - 01:36 AM

i hate to tell you this but ohlins was Yamaha owned but i think it's moved on.

• Hick

Posted July 18, 2000 - 08:19 AM

I doubt Husaberg fans are too upset over the deal. The bike benefitted from better KTM suspension and chassis technology. 2000 Husabergs are probably most significantly revamped models in company's short history.

KTM IS selling Husaberg now that they have shared in all their engine know-how. But Husaberg got some marketing help and the bike got better ergos, suspension etc.

• Bryan Bosch

Posted July 18, 2000 - 09:11 PM

KTM's purchase of Hus was good for the them. Husaberg's were clearly ahead of their time however; their reliability left a lot to be desired for a 7k+ bike. KTM has made their bikes much more reliable will at the same time improving their own offerings. I'd love Yamaha to buy KTM/Husaberg so that their offerings have the extra details typically found on the euro-bikes.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.